Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core FTP vs Filezilla

After struggling to upload files from my computer to my seedbox using Filezilla - it kept crashing and the files were often not the same size - I decided to try Core FTP.

Interestingly, Core FTP performed admirably - no glitches whatsoever! So it's goobye filezilla for me!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    The best win32 server that i ever laid my hands on is Gene6 .
    Blazing fantastic. I tried like 20 different ones, but this one stands away from the crowd easily.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I've never had a problem with FileZilla and that is what I mainly use.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I agree with Vor, I've used FileZilla for a long time now, and not really any major problem

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Member BT Rep: +2
    ive always had some issues with filezilla and i have used fireftp and i love it

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I use Filezilla and havent had any problems

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Perhaps it's in the setting for Filezilla.

It struggled to upload the few torrents I tried to place on the seedbox. It kept closing on me and, when all was down the files weren't complete.

Anyway I tried coreftp and it has uploaded everything perfectly without a single connection loss.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    nozaku's Avatar kthx BT Rep: +2
    I prefer filezilla, I have never had a problem with it.
    I've got red on me

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I've experimented with several FTP clients now and the only one that - so far - works perfectly for me is fireftp (need to use Firefox with this guy.)

So, if you have a seedbox and need to transfer perfect copies of files so that you may seed torrents, I suggest you look into fireftp. When using core ftp or Filezilla to transfer the files, the torrents would check to about 80% and then start downloading (rather than checking to 100% and start seeding!)

I banged my head on this one for a day to try and figure out what was going on. The files on the seedbox appeared to be identical to those on my home computer but (I guess) they weren't. Anyway, with fireftp it worked like a charm for me.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Mutantx's Avatar Dominator BT Rep: +1
    Interesting. Haven't really had issues with FileZilla, and have been using it for quite some time now.

Good you found something that works for you though.

-Mutantx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast