52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seedbox

37 71.15%
  • RS Acc

15 28.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox VS RS Acc

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    For loads cheaper than both you can get usenet access and not have to upload anything or deal with anyone

There's an astraweb banner up top for $11 a month cant beat that using a seedbox or rapidshare acct
    Last edited by Detale; 12-28-2008 at 12:40 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Actually a years RS account is cheaper than a years worth of Astraweb. But either way, I would still rather spend my money on a RS account or Usenet account(which I have both) than a seedbox.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Wait RS has a 2.6 gb a day limit. Man thats like 2 xvids! Or half a dvdr, thats weak!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    For loads cheaper than both you can get usenet access and not have to upload anything or deal with anyone

There's an astraweb banner up top for $11 a month cant beat that using a seedbox or rapidshare acct

Agreed. Although Easynews is the shit.
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    bentomans's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i'm a torrenter so seedbox is really important

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    meelad's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    RS and usenet for me. Very hasslefree. The advantage with seedbox is that you can rent a seedbox for one month, buffer your main accounts and use the buffer for months. Just download whatever you want and seed it for few days (don't hit and run). The buffer will last long enough.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    prefer RS

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    I say seedbox, only thing RS has over torrents is the rare/old files that you still have access to, but if you look hard enough you can usually find it, or something even better on torrents, and the pros of a seedbox like all it's different uses outweigh rapidshare.

But this is coming from a guy who has neither ¯\_(o_o)_/¯

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

Agreed. Although Easynews is the shit.
    Well Giga is my server of choice

Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Actually a years RS account is cheaper than a years worth of Astraweb. But either way, I would still rather spend my money on a RS account or Usenet account(which I have both) than a seedbox.
    Well
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Wait RS has a 2.6 gb a day limit. Man thats like 2 xvids! Or half a dvdr, thats weak!!!!
    You can get unlimited Dl with NZB's Funk

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Right. That definitely is a downfall of RS right now. I was lucky enough to get a couple accounts that still have the 10GB a day download limit. But still, the limit for heavy downloaders definitely will suck...

But, you have to think that with Astraweb(or even Giganews), eventhough it's unlimited downloads you still get a retention. With RS you don't. I've been downloading files anywhere from a year to two old from RS forums. So both methods have their pro's and con's. I think a combination of both is the best way to download(Usenet for all the big files, RS for all the old files).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast