Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: greed

Poster BT Rep: +2
    y is greed soo hard to resist ?...discuss

i try not to be greedy one moment and and fall right into it the next moment. its everywhere and in everything i do .i live a very ordinary life just like everyone else . i just dont know where to stop and i get greedy and lose more then i have...its soo tempting .i never really had such problems when i was a kid life was simple .
    i am grown up ,now life is a little complicated ,i get into trouble and when i analyse my problems/troubles it always gives the same results....i was greedy.i just tot may be some one here can elighten me on how to handle life . thanks for reading

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    i always thought of greed as something part of the evolution ,part of the selfish gene its also part of the genetic instincts IMHO , to overcome genetic instincts is no easy task .. .. i am trying am trying hard .. if i need to be completly free from my greed , i need to be free from my body . when we think about forums , its like a virtual reality you create and the best thing about pc internets and forums in general are that you can try to manipulate yourselve to reach a no greed state .. something to do with
    ohm mani padme hum
    ; ... and when you reach that in your virtual reality world , you can try to implement those in your real life too .. hmm crap , i donno how to explain this in a better way .. i am not talking about high level tracker greed; ..lol more like why some people blow off hoping for a better something ... that is greed too what a dummy me , ofcourse you know that
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 01-04-2009 at 03:41 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    i never really had such problems when i was a kid life was simple .
    I really doubt that, children are the greediest parasites on this planet. They have little sense of empathy towards others.
    It all starts with the statement
    "this is mine" (even though it is not yours)
    Greed is not necessarily connected to material possession.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    I really doubt that, children are the greediest parasites on this planet. They have little sense of empathy towards others.
    thats a part of the consiousness ? right ?

i always liked to imagine the pure state of consiousness was like the ripple free membrane of the first string

and then greed(evil?something) rippled the string , first membrane ripple could have caused the first higgs somethingness to be created which created everything ..matter energy and stuffs ....

well our time the fourth dimension then created us (or just evolved without time)...

i still belive many people have reached (saw , heard ..whatever) that first consiousnes wave (through time ) through meditation , drugs or whatever

the whole universe , the quantum string and the consiousness the t-duality ...

i am loosing it ... bear with me someone

consiousness , ripple -> the material being genetically evolved to reach this stage (homo erectus..lol) , still being like able to go back in time and experience or just realise that we are all part of that void like a consiousness quantum (1 or 0) hour glass

the big bang .... am so sorry i dont have any way to prove it .. lol

damn its like an hour glass type holographic universe ...

then this stuff about right and wrong ...

i mean , if we just trust our genetic instinct and beleive in such a freedom , its not socially stable .. right ? who cares.. i have to keep typing .. sorry

but the void people are socially and can be more socially structured ...there by allowing more void people to regenerate , because thats more stable .. oh plzzz ban me... lol

isnt that all the religions preach .. but people fuck up ... in the end greedy people fucks up..... its like they havent reached that evolutionry stage yet

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    how would you recreate a moment in time ?

the information is just too large , infinity

infinite quantum states of 1 and 0.... fuck its almost like orgasm...lol
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 01-04-2009 at 08:01 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I WANT
    memememememememememeemmememememememememe

and you?

Communist system is maybe a solution to greed?

Is wanting wrong?

Buddhism will solve this problem.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    well as a child u r not aware of what is right, what is wrong, thats y anything a child does is forgiven.....even if children are greedy u cant call them greedy, they jsut dont know its mostly ignorance...

as u grow up ,u set some standards about whats right, whats wrong and then as you grow older its very hard to come up to the standards i set ,initially.
    does that mean i have become more greedy growing older and not necessarily wiser...

what i have is not just enough ....i gotta get more...i dont know its soo hard to satisfy a human mind....there is no satisfaction even if i get everything i want...as soon as i find what i had been looking for i want something else....its soo hard for me to say i like this and be happy with it ....i feel very restless,

well i dont know if "not being satisfied and greed" are 2 different things i am confused...

the other two posts by "anoneemuse" i couldnt understand i will probabaly read it again after a while

thanks for the replys

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

i think the problem is me and solution has to be me....may be reading those scriptures might help ,i have read a few books and all thou at that moment i feel i might have got it under control after a while i lose it and the problem just seems to have gotten bigger. i jsut posted it here so taht may be i would find it easier to connect with what other people tot about it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

i think the problem is me and solution has to be me....may be reading those scriptures might help ,i have read a few books and all thou at that moment i feel i might have got it under control after a while i lose it and the problem just seems to have gotten bigger. i jsut posted it here so taht may be i would find it easier to connect with what other people tot about it.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    i know what my problem is , thanks thread doc
    i am looking out .. feels better
    Last edited by anoneemuse; 01-04-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast