Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tv Out Problem

Member BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    hey i just bought this MSI Geforce 4 MX440SE-T 64MB DDR TV out AGP 4X Retail i have it connects to my tv through s-video cable. anyways. when i play a movie nothing shows up? whats up with that? how do i fix it if possible?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Does anythig show up. Did you you reboot your comp. most cards will not pick it up right on the fly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    the desktop appears, but where the movie is playing there is a black space, i also restarted computer many times.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    go into display properties make sure comp monitor is the default or display 1 and that the tv is display 2....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    try enabling or disabling the "hardware video overlay" in your movie player. whichever option you already have selected, try the opposite.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    go and if the tv is your second monitor choose it as default and import desk top and apply, make sure its enabled also from advance tab

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    PowerDVD does that (along with some other players), I believe, for copyright protection. I remember seeing that there's a patch you can get to stop this from happening, but it is a long time ago, so I have no idea where you would get it from.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by oilslick@10 September 2003 - 06:35
    hey i just bought this MSI Geforce 4 MX440SE-T 64MB DDR TV out AGP 4X Retail i have it connects to my tv through s-video cable. anyways. when i play a movie nothing shows up? whats up with that? how do i fix it if possible?
    Make sure you have it set up as 'clone' of the desktop.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    i own one of those cards and use it all the time and i have my comp monitor set as default or number 1 the tv is set to number 2 on the tv when enabled all i can see is my wallpaper no icons you can move the mouse onto the tv then when i play a movie avi etc ..... the picture is displayed full screen on the tv with no other setting necceracy so i end up with picture on monitor as norm but it displays full screen on the tv if you make the tv the default you will end up with all icons etc on your tv.... i think it is better to have icons on your comp monitor and movie on the tv.....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I have an ATI Radeon 7500 with tv out and I had the same problem.I had to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them while the cable was connected to my tv and everything went perfect.Don't know if this will help you at all but it is an idea.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast