Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: former traders

Swanky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Wanna cookie?
    Such a witty riposte. Is there something wrong with someone feeling good about feling they have taken the "high road' in their BT life? With people posting that "EVERYONE HAS TRADED!!1!!!1!!1!11" it's a valid addition to the thread.
    Now I will tell you that almost all of your post is very accurate so there's no denying that. I am just sick of the smugness that comes with all of these anti-traders.

They feel like they are the upper-echelon of the BT-cummunity just because they spend most of their time bashing and hating those who exchange invites, accounts, etc...

Yes traders are breaking tracker rules and so forth. But if there's something that this forum is not lacking is douchebag anti-traders and posts that suck their own dicks about "taking the high road".

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Yes traders are breaking tracker rules and so forth. But if there's something that this forum is not lacking is douchebag anti-traders and posts that suck their own dicks about "taking the high road".
    If that's directed at me which part of my post screamed anti-trader ???

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    vpg8000's Avatar Your mom's fave BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Can't we all just get along guys?
    Last edited by vpg8000; 01-16-2009 at 10:55 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18

Traders don't harm the tracker itself anymore than collectors do. Trading is an excuse for the tracker staff to dissable as many accounts as possible, so they can make some more money by: selling invites, GB upload Bonuses(bitmetv) and accounts(btmusic).
    Only some sites do not profit from disabling accounts. Sites like ptn,fsc etc... which use application forms as a way to get members in.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-16-2009 at 11:16 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    dragoi92's Avatar prince of darknes BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Someone want to be trader
    someone else no

I dont know why u offens those guy
    Only ,Dragoi92

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    @Swanky: i even prefer traders who admit it than liars: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-please-327559
    Last edited by cinephilia; 01-16-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post

Such a witty riposte. Is there something wrong with someone feeling good about feling they have taken the "high road' in their BT life? With people posting that "EVERYONE HAS TRADED!!1!!!1!!1!11" it's a valid addition to the thread.
    Now I will tell you that almost all of your post is very accurate so there's no denying that. I am just sick of the smugness that comes with all of these anti-traders.

They feel like they are the upper-echelon of the BT-cummunity just because they spend most of their time bashing and hating those who exchange invites, accounts, etc...

There are simply people that have felt no need to trade, they have made friends within the bt community easily, and have become 'trusted' members and therefore have been able to gain access to trackers with relative ease.
    I suppose in this way, this may generate a certain amount of smugness from some, but many of these members do not in anyway broadcast memberships, where as many trader/collectors have long userbars or custom sigs listing their memberships , this is truly pathetic.
    But having taken the 'high road' they also have the right to tell others that trading isn't the only way, this is a fallacy so that people can justify trading. Basically there are two choices trade / or not trade, the former will get you accounts faster in most cases, while being a 'nontrader' will make you a more trusted member giving you access to some communities more easily.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #108

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

I for one don't buy that argument.
    I'm not making any judgment on the morality of certain activities but I firmly believe that those that cheat at the trivial are much likelier to also do so when it matters.
    What of you think of it like this...
    Say you just learned about private trackers and what attracted you to them is fast speeds. You don't know anything about "tracker community" and all this other bs. Your connection is kind of lame. Maybe your download speed is good but your upload sucks. You really want to download a game for your newly flashed xbox 360 or a movie which you wanted to watch for a very long time. After you download some stuff you are struggling with your ratio. The next day someone tells you of a cheating program which will make your ratio problems go away and you decide you want to take the easy way out, since you don't want to sit in your computer all day and stress about downloading a 1gb file. You go watch your favorite movie with your family, and have fun doing it. Now you realized that you just made your mom and sister have happy for at least an hour or two and you spend time with your family and all, then you got back to your regular RL.
    Now how would you feel if someone said that you were scum in real life just because you behave so in the e-life.

Internet life and RL are two separate worlds. It doesn't mean that just because someone behaves a certain way in here, that they most liekly will do so in real life. Your theory doesn't drink water especially when it comes to begginers who have no idea what they are causing by doing what they do.
    Well Said Albo Da Kid, making mistakes is a normal human behavior in the RL as well as in the e-life, if anybody hasn't committed a mistake in the e-life at least once then it is some sort of a bot, being constantly judged because of some stupid mistakes in the past is not fair, I guess that some trackers dont mind traders while others do, if being a trader is not generally well seen and the person becomes a former trader(no longer trading) then that person should no be constantly insulted for having traded in the past.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Swanky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    @ Albo : That's another aspect that people don't usually mention. Who says that someone that you gave an invite in a GA will be a better user than someone you traded with.

@ Cinephilia : I know the truth while you sir while you seem to have the right to brand complete strangers that you've never met all of these labels. Who says I didn't move from the Czech Republic to NYC on New Year's? Sure Elektronic IP banned me, so I guess that makes me a liar?

@ Artemis : Agree with everything you said

@ Time-Traveller : I was just venting about non-traders. Nothing personal. I guess I took your previous comment as non-trader self-praising. I apologize if that wasn't the case.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster

@ Time-Traveller : I was just venting about non-traders. Nothing personal. I guess I took your previous comment as non-trader self-praising. I apologize if that wasn't the case.
    I'm a non-trader but not an anti-trader, if traders want to risk their accounts & their invite tree's accounts I'm not going to try and stop them like some kind of BT police, I just don't see the point working harder to integrate into a site for however long only to have your account disabled because of trading in your tree.
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-16-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast