Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The attitude around here needs to change

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme29 View Post
    I am a new member but I see what you mean. Some people seem to post so that others dont get the invite...
    and that is TOTALLY correct, if you are a non deserving member. what is the problem?
    many users only come here to get invites, so what is the problem of pointing them the finger?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I am a new member but I see what you mean. Some people seem to post so that others dont get the invite...
    No some people just post so that an invite doesn't go where it shouldn't.
    Sometimes directly by exposing certain histories sometimes by more indirect means.

Anybody that talked to me privately knows I hate the real malicious stuff as much as anyone but take away the humour and the conflict from this place and it's certainly a whole lot less appealing.
    Make it like another forum that I'm on where I have to apologize for being right about something and I will seriously consider not posting here anymore.

Personally as bad as it gets at times I don't think anyone who truly deserved an invite has ever failed to get one if they stuck to it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post

I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac
    hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...

Well, eventhough they both have traded in the past I don't consider them active traders at all since their last trades were pretty long ago. And I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all to bring either one of them into my invite tree because of this.

Perhaps they both came to this conclusion because people still bring up things that they did a while ago, and haven't done since? I think we all need to start leaving this whole trading thing alone for long time members that traded long ago.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Seems that my point is being missed. I am not talking about arguments in general I mean when an argument starts in one thread and is carried on into 7 threads after that. The forum has taken an ugly turn lately. The regular BT bullshit is fine, hell most of the time I'm right in there too. For example people posting hate threads and when members Troll others because they come from a different country or what not. Anti traders trolling traders. Things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    it's just the way fst is, you won't change anything man... keep in mind that community is also about making fun and bashing people.
    and let me tell you that if so many members visit fst everyday, it's mostly for "bullshit high school fights"..
    Yes I know this is how FST is...NOW, it wasn't always like this. I don't want to change it I want it back. Making fun is fine, it's when making fun turns to spam/flame threads with no point other that to fight, as of late it has gotten out of control in some of these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    No fights just more infractions
    Time for my pink handbag analogy once again ?
    If you wouldn't mind that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by interwebz View Post
    okie dokie. i'll start with the help, the term is "one another", not "one and other". edit that shit son.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/one+another

helping is fun!

back on topic, does that mean if someone doesnt agree with something that has been said they shouldnt voice their opinion on the matter? there is a very fine line between good moderating and censorship. please remember that. also we need to remember that people who dont trade/sell invites are forced to share a general bittorrent forum with those who do, and there will always be some tension there between at least a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Not trying to start an argument, but I think that's where a lot of these things start... labeling people as traders or anti-traders, or for that matter, people with good or bad grammar. Why does that need to be done at all? Cant everyone just be a user?
    no, and its obvious it cant be that way, which is why they separated the giveaways/requests with the trades in the first place. those 2 groups of people don't generally get along and it's a mindset thing, the opinions of someone who trades and someone who doesnt will generally be polar opposites.
    Thanks for the grammar lesson, you're an asset to FST

This too will be addressed in the near future but not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    ^^ I agree. NYC boroughs have a rep for that. just don't get caught here after dark lol

Wow, Congratz Detale. You actually managed to find someone, who believes you can beat them up.

They clearly do not have viking blood running through their veins.

We eat Brooklyn brawlers for breakfast
    I'll pull your beard and give you a slap back to Valhalla bitch. Besides I can't find it in myself to be afraid of the pic from your facebook page
    Spoiler: Show

Also I think Albo is from NY

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ben99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrac View Post

I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac
    hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...
    Really whocares if people have traded or not, i swear people make it out like they are rapists or something. In the end if they trade there way onto a tracker and contribute to it, it will be a benefit to that tracker and if they are bad on these trackers im sure they will get found out in the end and get banned. Personally i think GA invites is just as bad as trading invites, and i wonder how many of u can honestly say u have known ur invitor personally on every tracker u r on.

Also if people are willing to trade openly let them run the risk of getting their accounts disabled.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 12-31-2008 at 04:46 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale
    I'll pull your beard and give you a slap back to Valhalla bitch. Besides I can't find it in myself to be afraid of the pic from your facebook page

Lol that's just some drunk from Brooklyn, who noticed being a Brooklyn brawler didn't get him far. He's trying to pretend to be a viking now... and failing miserably.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale

Lol that's just some drunk from Brooklyn, who noticed being a Brooklyn brawler didn't get him far. He's trying to pretend to be a viking now... and failing miserably.
    What's so bad about being drunk in Brooklyn?

they didn't built Rome in one day

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I will be drunk in Manhattan tomorrow night, most likely.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I'll be in Pennsylvania

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I'll be in Pennsylvania
    Off to see all your Amish relatives ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast