Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chasing The "winter" Blues

Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo@11 September 2003 - 15:58
    My kid is only in kindergarten... can't go back to work yet... hubby works
    long hours and I'm one of those who fall into a "winter" hibernation....

Well, what I do is make sweatshirts using those Iron on blank transfer paper made by Avery. I find the transfers for "Dark" material come out better. I scan photos and/or use computer clipart and
    they come out pretty cute too. One time I made a sweatshirt "collage" of photos and I had
    gotten a lot of compliments. I make them for my kid mostly but they're cute
    "side" gifts for Christmas, etc. for family, etc.

Anybody else with more suggestions?
    When the temp falls below 60 degrees, that's when winter starts for me.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo+11 September 2003 - 17:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScoobyDooooo @ 11 September 2003 - 17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ScoobyDooooo@11 September 2003 - 15:58
    My kid is only in kindergarten... can&#39;t go back to work yet... hubby works
    long hours and I&#39;m one of those who fall into a "winter" hibernation....

Well, what I do is make sweatshirts using those Iron on blank transfer paper made by Avery.&nbsp; I find the transfers for "Dark" material come out better.&nbsp; I scan photos and/or use computer clipart and&nbsp;
    they come out pretty cute too.&nbsp; One time I made a sweatshirt "collage" of photos and I had
    gotten a lot of compliments.&nbsp; I make them for my kid mostly but they&#39;re cute

When the temp falls below 60 degrees, that&#39;s when winter starts for me. [/b][/quote]
    Oh right&#33; Iwas begining to wonder if you lived on the north pole....

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Yeah "Clocker" I guess you can say that...
    I got a seperate room in my house filled with all kinds of craft stuff anticipating this.

That&#39;s a good idea with the cd&#39;s, by the way.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I would recommend that you take numerous photos of your little ankle-biter in your homemade sweatshirts.

The more darling, the better.

That way, when he&#39;s 16, he&#39;ll have even more reasons to hate you.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Yeah maybe... Clockster.... I skipped the ones in the bathtub though...
    By the way, I paid you a Compliment about the cd&#39;s... most people say
    "Thank you".

It IS a great idea...

Homemade T-shirts, Homemade CD&#39;s, Homemade cooking... nothing wrong
    with "homemade" . Nowadays most don&#39;t go through the trouble anymore.
    It takes a lot of thought and care to make something yourself instead of buying it in
    a store. I think most who are considerate and receive gifts like this appreciate it more too.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Well, I guess starting this topic certainly didn&#39;t boost my morale... I guess no one
    else&#39;s either... I guess any topic someone creates is subject to being beaten up. I think I&#39;m just going to stay out of these boards and just stick to downloading and
    sharing files.... No offense to the "good" people out there...

Oh well...

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo@11 September 2003 - 15:58
    My kid is only in kindergarten... can&#39;t go back to work yet... hubby works
    long hours and I&#39;m one of those who fall into a "winter" hibernation....

Well, what I do is make sweatshirts using those Iron on blank transfer paper made by Avery. I find the transfers for "Dark" material come out better. I scan photos and/or use computer clipart and
    they come out pretty cute too. One time I made a sweatshirt "collage" of photos and I had
    gotten a lot of compliments. I make them for my kid mostly but they&#39;re cute

dude you live in canada?

Winters here give you serious depression... ;D

8. Lounge   -   #18
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    i tend to go the pub lots&#33;&#33; oh, i do that all year round&#33;

the winter is only good for wrapping p, doing overtime at work and then Xmas and New Year parties&#33;&#33;&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #19
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    I used to play football all winter, in the freezing rain and everything - I stopped after I saw that movie with Anthony Hopkins and that other guy, where they&#39;re lost in the middle of some mountains and they have to cut the soles of their feet off because they&#39;re all frost-bitten and rotting.
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

10. Lounge   -   #20
    tantric's Avatar ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    What did the movie have to do with you stopping? Were you afraid you&#39;d get lost whilst playing football in the mountains?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12