Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tracker curiosity

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Of course. This why I don't buy into hype anymore.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Requested a site as a noob before researching.Not because of hype, for content but the content was the issue. I turned it down as i had no need for it at the time.

I agree with what blueskies wrote, research first to see what tracker you will be the most active in-ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post
    I always knew what a tracker had to offer before asking for an invite. But if you mean a tracker suddenly not being as good or maybe a better alternative found then yes.
    Last edited by pone44; 12-31-2008 at 10:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    There's only two that I've ever signed up to that turned out to be let downs/disappointments. They were "ultra-wanted"/in demand trackers that had finally done an open sign up after a long time, but I wasn't impressed by their design, the content was definitely not what I expected, and what I did like that I found was extremely difficult to seed back. Since then, though, there reputations have definitely changed and they have had a number of open sign ups (guess they can't keep users or something).
    Last edited by Hiccup; 12-31-2008 at 10:21 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yes i had.
    but the opposite happened to me often. I remember when i joined IPTorrents not long ago, i was amazed by the amount of stuff they had there.
    my biggest let down... hmmmm... probably TDC. I heard so many good things about it, and when they had open signups some time ago, i joined, and it really didn't live up to my expectations. So much i lost my account due to inactivity.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 12-31-2008 at 10:44 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    The trouble is, collecting trackers is like snorting coke. Your more you collect (or snort), the more you need to fulfil your habit.

I should also point out that a community requires participation. You cannot join a place and expect instant acceptance. You have to work at acceptance, and if you put in the effort, the reward is a place that means so much more to you.

So, keep snorting the cocaine, because the highs will only last a short time, while those who actually want something to be a part of something, will gain a much longer term of happiness.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    The trouble is, collecting trackers is like snorting coke. Your more you collect (or snort), the more you need to fulfil your habit.

I should also point out that a community requires participation. You cannot join a place and expect instant acceptance. You have to work at acceptance, and if you put in the effort, the reward is a place that means so much more to you.

So, keep snorting the cocaine, because the highs will only last a short time, while those who actually want something to be a part of something, will gain a much longer term of happiness.
    sounds to me like someone has a bit of experience with cocaine... lol. true shit though.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Mr. UKTV BT Rep: +1
    Yes, quite a few times.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

I agree with this, minus the drug usage
    It's true, I've been less and less active with trackers that aren't that useful or that are overshadowed by better ones I am also a member of. SCT literately obliterated every small general use tracker I had, and I've become inactive on almost all of them.

Waffles really was the place that replaced OiNK for me, so it has a special place in my heart. What is a rad tracker, usually with more torrents, but I still prefer to use Waffles as first choice just because I love the place. The userbase there seems a bit more elitist about music as well.

To be on topic though, all I have to say is S*L.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    PTN, ScL - i followed the hype. not much on there. i'm sure ITS is the same.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SpeakingSoul's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I've been disappointed before. I'm still trying to fill the oink void.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast