Thread: Newshosting Increasing Retention to 250 Days

Poster BT Rep: +1
    January 1, 2009 -- Newshosting announced today a massive increase in Usenet newsgroup storage capacity to an unprecedented 250 days of binary retention. Newshosting also announced expanded member benefits for Newshosting Unlimited and Newshosting Lite plan members.

Retention for NHXL and Newshosting Lite plan members is currently 150 days and will be growing day by day to a full 250 days. Retention for Newshosting Unlimited members has already grown beyond the promised 110 days and will continue to grow to a full 250 days. All existing Newshosting members will automatically have access to this increased retention without any increase in price or changes to their newsreader configuration.

Expanded benefits for Newshosting Unlimited and Newshosting Lite members are also provided without any increase in price. The Newshosting Unlimited plan has increased simultaneous connections by 50% to 12 connections. The Newshosting Lite plan is doubling members' download allotment to 20 gigabytes per month.

With 250 days of retention and expanded plan benefits, Newshosting continues to be the leading, premier Usenet newsgroup provider to watch in 2009.
    Just 20 Days short of what astraweb is increasing to, its still amazing however.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    January 1, 2009 -- Newshosting announced today a massive increase in Usenet newsgroup storage capacity to an unprecedented 250 days of binary retention. Newshosting also announced expanded member benefits for Newshosting Unlimited and Newshosting Lite plan members.

Retention for NHXL and Newshosting Lite plan members is currently 150 days and will be growing day by day to a full 250 days. Retention for Newshosting Unlimited members has already grown beyond the promised 110 days and will continue to grow to a full 250 days. All existing Newshosting members will automatically have access to this increased retention without any increase in price or changes to their newsreader configuration.

Expanded benefits for Newshosting Unlimited and Newshosting Lite members are also provided without any increase in price. The Newshosting Unlimited plan has increased simultaneous connections by 50% to 12 connections. The Newshosting Lite plan is doubling members' download allotment to 20 gigabytes per month.

With 250 days of retention and expanded plan benefits, Newshosting continues to be the leading, premier Usenet newsgroup provider to watch in 2009.
    Just 20 Days short of what astraweb is increasing to, its still amazing however.
    And $4 more :p

How's newshosting service now adays? I had them a year ago and had bunch of problems, server always going offline, connection errors.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post

And $4 more :p

How's newshosting service now adays? I had them a year ago and had bunch of problems, server always going offline, connection errors.
    I am back using newshosting. I was on the astraweb deal but with newshosting servers being very close to my location and I get better speeds, currently on the unlimited plan. So far I haven't had any issues with connections or completion. I also like that I dont have to deal with a third party for paying for the service.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    So is Astraweb. Giganews is going to need to kick it up a notch to justify their premium prices.