Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got new pc parts coming

ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Was just looking into the psu that comes with the case and I have to say that its not that bad of a psu, great ratings on newegg and its a $150 psu so maybe its not as bad as I thought, $349 for the case and a $150 psu.

Anyways parts will be here tuesday so will proly have pics up that night, but I did end up ordering a 150gb 10k rpm hdd and that proly wont be here until maybe wednesday so wont be able to finish installing everything until then. Will just use that for the OS and keep the 500gb I was going to use for storage.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Well got all the parts in today and everything looks great, I did end up ordering a 10k rpm 150gb hdd the day after all the rest and its not here yet so installing anything will have to wait but I have everything pretty much installed and ready to go. Case is very nice the doors on the side of the case are easier to use than I thought they would be, the rear one opens all the way up so when layed down it will fold over and touch the table which is nice and the other side rear comes off to attach the mobo to and put back inside, which I didnt do because I wanted to hid some wires under the mobo. The cooler seams nice was kind of a pain to get ready to install, just a bunch of little parts to bolt to the cooler first, and it uses a backplate which is so much better than the push pins. It had a 4-hdd cage in the front but I removed it since it also hold 2 on the bottom of the case and thats all I need is 2, and now the front fans arent blocked and can push air through the case easily. Installing the hard drives is easy just screw on the little rubber thumb screws on the drive and it locks into the little tray on the bottom, optical drives just slide in and tighten the thumb screws that are hooked to the 5.25 bay. Power supply seams better than I thought it would I removed it to get a good look at it and its nice and heavy and it has a 120mm fan and a good size heat sink in the rear which the air from the fan blows through as exiting the unit. The video card just fit by about 1/2 inch with the front hdd bay installed but I would imagine they made it that way. Comes with the 120mm fan in the rear and 2 92mm fans in the front. Case is very solid all parts are thick and well connected, even the bay covers are really built. Havent turned anything on yet will get some picks later when its dark to see how the lights look inside.

Here are some pics so far

Last edited by ryan20021982; 01-07-2009 at 04:23 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Looking DAMN good man. What CPU cooler is that???

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    It's a CM V-8.

What's with the red on the PSU loom?
    Split-loom that you added or did Zalman do that?

What do you mean, "Even the bay covers are really built"?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I added the loom it actually looks better than the pic shows and you can only a little of it with the door closed. What I said about the bay cover was just how good of quality everything was, I had to remove one cover and was surprised how thick it was.

Last edited by ryan20021982; 01-07-2009 at 02:48 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hey that is sturdy. I can't tell from the pic, is that plastic or aluminum?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Everything is aluminum on the case even down to the buttons on the front.

I have to say I am very happy with the case, the only thing as I stated before was the hdd cage blocking the 2 front fans. But thats gone now so not a problem.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Gotta be aluminum...if it was plastic it would have molded mount points.
    Looks nice, BTW.

Unlike the red loom...not a fan, sorry.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    One more thing that I didnt like, it little thing but bothersome alos, the motherboard only has 2 usb headers, now you would think a $300 mobo would have a few more wouldnt ya. All I can connect is the cables for the front usb ports and thats it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    The specs (and the pictures) show 4 USB headers- 2 ports with 2 connections apiece.
    How many do you need?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast