Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trillian 2.0 Final

Trillian Pro 2.0 has been released. Here is a list of some new features that it boasts:

Jabber® Plug-in
    MSN® Display Pictures
    AIM® Typing Indicator
    AIM® Mac.com Support
    Better MSN® File Transferring
    Yahoo® File Sending
    Faster file transfers throughout
    ICQ® Server-side Contacts
    Language Packs
    Unicode Support
    Systray Alerts (incoming messages and contact sign on/off)
    Enhanced Super Tooltips (with Icon)
    Updated Add wizard
    Per-Connection Contact Lists
    Tabbed Windows
    Status Icons Within Chat Windows
    Trillian Skin Zips
    All CS plugins updated

I would seriously recommend spending the 15 bucks to get this. The developers need support so they can bargain with M$ to continue the MSN client. If you aren't that gnerous a cracked version should be out soon.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Trillian is bloated and slow, IMO. I'd rather use the individual clients, since I don't need to connect to all of them everytime.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    trillian is brilliant, why have 4 differnet clients when i can use just one.

if this has the msn feature that lets you use your own smilies then i will be a very happy man.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Trillian sucks. It has to many things and is really slow.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Trillian is great...its just lacking voice chat support

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Trillian is only slow if you have a slow computer. It is very handy for thos eof us who don't want our computer bombarded with banners and such on normal clients. Also it is skinnable, you can use multiple accounts at one time, it looks 10 times better, it has all the fnctions and more of the standard clients, and it uses only a small fraction of your computer resources, unlike running 4-5 IM clients seperately.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Xelotath@11 September 2003 - 19:13
    Trillian is only slow if you have a slow computer. It is very handy for thos eof us who don't want our computer bombarded with banners and such on normal clients. Also it is skinnable, you can use multiple accounts at one time, it looks 10 times better, it has all the fnctions and more of the standard clients, and it uses only a small fraction of your computer resources, unlike running 4-5 IM clients seperately.
    What IM client "bombards" you with banners ads? AIM has 1 little banner ad, which is disabled with DeadAim anyways. MSN has a handy news banner. Yahoo! Messenger has none. These are the only clients I use. I rarely use all 3 at the same time. Most of the time it's just 1 or 2, so why load Trillian that's bloated with 5 clients in one?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Why the hell should you pay money to weird people for an INSTANT MESSAGING client?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Yahoo! Messenger has none.
    Yahoo! Messenger has some. Just not on the window that shows the contacts. It still takes up space though when your looking at sonething in yahoo messenger.
    Most of the time it's just 1 or 2, so why load Trillian that's bloated with 5 clients in one?
    So? Do you think everyone only uses 1 or 2 clients at the sametime? No.
    Some people have more than 3 clients on their computer. Why should they have three open when they can just have one?

It's a matter of what the person needs it for. If you only use 1 or 2 clients, don't bother downloading Trillian. You don't need it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Keikan@11 September 2003 - 17:43
    Why the hell should you pay money to weird people for an INSTANT MESSAGING client?
    You don't have to.

Didn't you see the free version?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast