Thread: Can the xbox360 be softmoded?

Yes or no?

Can it be softmoded and still regain the ability to play online?

2. Games   -   #2
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hell no. You can only use a modchip or flash the DVD drive

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    umm to my knowledge no....yet u can read up on modding from xbox-scene.com or xboxhackz.com
    "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it" OohRa!!!

4. Games   -   #4
    Yes, it can be soft modded. There is no certainty that you won't get banned from live. You are most likely to get banned if you play a game before it's made available to the public or you download or make a bad backup.

5. Games   -   #5
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes, it can if you have a 360 with a toshiba drive. Check out xbox-scene.com or 360mods.net for details.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. Games   -   #6
    nozaku's Avatar kthx BT Rep: +2
    You can only flash the dvd drives firmware.
    I've got red on me

7. Games   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yes it can.
    you have all the steps and software necessary for each drive model here: xbox-scene
    also, keep in mind that to flash it, you will need a PC with an available SATA2 port.

and you can play online, making assured that you only go live with the game AFTER it is available for selling. Many pirate releases happen way before they are available to sell and some people go play live meanwhile, which grants them a Live ban.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-12-2009 at 03:27 AM.