Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to know more about FTN

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    OP it's not as hard as it looks to get ftn. I say go for it.. make a request heren in FST and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-04-2009 at 06:30 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    OP it's not as hard as it looks to get ftn.
    No it's not...if you're known. And I'm not sure if this OP is known or not around various forums. I say the forums he's most active on, put in a request here. If he puts one in here I'm not sure how much luck he will have since he's so new.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I like FTN better than other sites because it is smaller and has been very slow to grow, unlike SCT which sells invites, so it is more secure, but not so small to be stagnant. It's got the same content and lots of the same users as other places, but it has a nice feel to it. For example, FTN staff seem more chill than other sites. Rarely do you see warnings on people's accounts. Plus they seem to have some big things lined up.

I don't use torrents much lately, but when I do, I use FTN because I can leech whatever I want and then hit and run it a few hours later if I feel like it and I don't have to think about ratio and keeping up with my 5mbit upload (SCT) nor do I have to think about some long ass seeding time (FSC).

The forums are decent, nothing that special honestly, but the community does have a niceness to it that can't really be explained in a post. YOu have to try it to understand.
    Last edited by basilhaydens; 01-04-2009 at 06:43 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Thanks for the info, basilhaydens. That's the kind of post I was looking for. I think I will go for it.

Albo the Kid, I am a member of ScL. It's good, nothing more.

The sad truth is that we're all sort of collectors. I could probably do fine without FTN as I'm a member of many hard to get trackers. I guess it's human nature, to want what you can't have.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Alright, some more guys are probably detouring you from what you want. I say - don't let them get to you, they didn't get to me . Are you really gonna stop chasing FTN because some people here said it has the same content than on other trackers? I think I know for myself what I want.

Truth is, and I quote:

FtN successfully combines the best of everything all rolled up into one tracker: no ratio system; great pre-times and content; plus it’s an awesome community with a thriving forum. Amazingly, it’s the only tracker known to have more individual forum threads than they do torrents.
    You know I don't really care if it has the same content. I'll just download it from there. It's no ratio, remember? And the community? Well I think it's mostly like FST but friendlier . Add a great design and great speeds and pre-times, and there is my reason why I will never give up on it.

EDIT: But I'm probably different than you guys, because I love ScL. Figures...

Ciao
    Last edited by KushBlow; 01-04-2009 at 09:52 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it's so easy to find some pretexts to legitimate your wishes...
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    You can believe what you want, you probably believe 80% of people who post threads are cheaters or traders too, but I know for myself what I wrote and what's real.

Although I'm a realist and I know that without money I will not get it...so no chance for me - at least let me post some good about it.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 01-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    You can believe what you want, you probably believe 80% of people who post threads are cheaters or traders too, but I know for myself what I wrote and what's real.

Although I'm a realist and I know that without money I will not get it...so no chance for me - at least let me post some good about it.
    i'm sure you're a good and honnest torrent user but hunting FTN like you do and being willing to donate or suck any dick to get into a tracker that you overestimate is pretty upsetting in my opinion.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 01-04-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39

i'm sure you're a good and honnest torrent user but hunting FTN like you do and being willing to donate or suck any dick to get into a tracker that you overestimate is pretty upsetting in my opinion.
    I just said more or less I would never pay to get into a tracker (even FTN), sorry if you didn't understand me. And the only thing I suck is popsicles .
    Last edited by KushBlow; 01-04-2009 at 10:13 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    (even FTN) .
    look how elegantly he puts it. "even FTN"... lol like it means the world to him

Serious question. How much sleep have you lost because of it?? If less then a week than even killercam101 deserves it more than you.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast