Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why so many junk postings on usenet?

Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post
    Hell the thing even has built in usenet downloader and torrent downloader provided you install an HDD in it (not necessary though).
    Where do you see the information on the usenet downloader? I see FTP and torrents.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    I really like the advantage of downloading torrents and nzbs by using Popcorn Hour and other similar NMTs.

EybeBaller, check out http://www.networkedmediatank.com/fo...lay.php?fid=64
    Last edited by cooldude75ph; 01-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    link2009's Avatar NZBer
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    I've always wondered how most of you watch mkv files. I know of a few other options like building a htpc or using something like a sage media extender but thats even more trouble.
    Laptop -> VGA output to LCD HDTV and sound goes to 5.1 system via usb soundcard

I have now retired that laptop so its now just a media pc and bought a new one as my main computer now.

Having a separate computer is so much easier.. all downloading can be done on that one too, permanently linked to external usb hdd. Well worth it IMO.
    You do realize VGA has a max TRUE resolution of 720 right? How are you going to watch 1080p on that?

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude75ph View Post
    I really like the advantage of downloading torrents and nzbs by using Popcorn Hour and other similar NMTs.

EybeBaller, check out http://www.networkedmediatank.com/fo...lay.php?fid=64
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by link2009 View Post
    You do realize VGA has a max TRUE resolution of 720 right? How are you going to watch 1080p on that?
    Yes I do.. and the quick answer is.. I don't watch 1080p. I only download 720p releases for a couple of reasons:
    1. I'm only watching on a 27" LCD TV so no need for 1080p anyway
    2. The laptop I'm using probably won't be able to play 1080p content
    Last edited by EyeBaller; 01-11-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123