Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning!bill Sucks Again!

Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@12 September 2003 - 03:20
    I'd rather take my chances with the vulnerabilities and maybe have to reinstall than ever install another service pack or patch.

I think Bill's been paying these people in dope or something judging by the schit they keep keep releasing.

Slowdowns, lockups, lost associations, changed menus, generally ignorant behaviour, inability to install or run some programs.... 

Just what I always wanted.

hi there !
    i've just done a complete fdisk and reformat of xp pro including sp1(from pc world cd) due to the slow down "critical update patch" 811493 ms03-013
    i've just downloaded 24 critical updates EXCLUDING 811493 MS03-013 and my pentium 111 550mhz is moving like a runnaway train.
    i wasn't going back to Microsoft for any more "critical updates" but was advised against this by an IT friend who explained about latest virus' going around.
    even with latest AV and best firewall he said xp still has to be patched.
    regards
    m8t

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    It may, but you have to be very selective in what you install. Like i said, I don't mind reinstalling. Any thing goes wrong, any thing gets compromised, I'm back clean and secure in an hour anyway. Not a bad price to pay for maximum performance.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    You'd think with the amount of cash Bill Gates has, he would use some of it trying to make an OS with as little bugs as possible. I had XP on for about a year and when I looked in the Add/Remove Programs menu before I was going to format the hard drive, there were at least 60-70 Windows Hotfix Patches.

Bloody hell Bill, what are ye doing?

I think he is exploiting the consumers' trust becasue he knows that people will go out and buy a Microsoft product without a second thought. Bastard.

£400,000,000,000 and he can't make a 'secure' OS.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i dont care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12