Thread: Wow what was I thinking for the last several years!

I must have been under a rock, I've been using forte agent, sorting through headers, looking for alt-bin tagged files to get all my downloads. Always took forever so I would go on and off with it. Well the other week stumbled across this sight and finally found out what those NZB files I kept seeing were all about. I have wasted SO much time for living in the past and just wanted to thank you for all the tips and advice I have found.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Welcome to the real world then

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by reg036 View Post
    I must have been under a rock, I've been using forte agent, sorting through headers, looking for alt-bin tagged files to get all my downloads
    There used to be a boatload of sites like this, then a lot of them got both scared off, and/or had funding issues. The 'big boys' like Newzbin, are at the forefront of the fight (see http://www.slyck.com for the latest news).

Keep those skills in your toolbag', so to speak. I still do a fair amount of sifting through the headers on a handful of the most important (to me) groups, and I get more than I can 'eat' that is NEVER listed either here or on Newzbin.

So, there is no 'golden key', but it simply is one more (hopefully top line) tool in your kit. Have Fun!

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    The real gems do live 'unlisted' in the headers, but NZB's do rock..

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    yea my friend uses newsgroups and never uses nzb files. what a waste of life...