Thread: Installing Tflux-b4rt on Ubuntu - Help please!?!?!

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tflux-b4rt on a dedicated server running Ubuntu Desktop Edition. I have installed XAMPP (instead of LAMP). I'm looking for a tutorial or some help, I need a guide through the next steps. Do I need any other dependencies (e.g. php5, phpmyadmin,etc?)? How do I setup the database?

If there is a good tutorial for setting up tflux-b4rt i'd be greatful. I prefer uTorrent WebUI but under the current circumstances I am unable to use it (basically, my uni's internet only allows connection over port 80, and my webui won't work over port 80 because other applications use that port).

Thanks for any help regarding tflux-b4rt

Dave

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TS.org
    Why would you want to install tFluxb4rt when you have the likes of rTorrent, kTorrent, Deluge and Transmission to choose from? And yes you need mysql and php installed for tFluxb4rt to work.
    Last edited by Ev0; 01-05-2009 at 08:30 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Because Transmission, Deluge and kTorrents' respective WebUIs also require a port other than 80 to access. I'm not familiar with rTorrent/libtorrent + wTorrent but whatever, I got Torrentflux-b4rt setup in the end so this thread is redundant now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Why would you want to install tFluxb4rt when you have the likes of rTorrent, kTorrent, Deluge and Transmission to choose from? And yes you need mysql and php installed for tFluxb4rt to work.
    If you now how to install and manage properly Torrentflux, you will have the best BT client with many posibilities (Streaming, RaR/UnRaR, SFV Checker Integrated)
    Last edited by Seed4Speed; 01-06-2009 at 01:08 AM.