Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: WARNING!! Spam infractions make a comeback

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    I agree people just spam topics to get their posts count up. It's sad who really cares how many posts u have?
    +1 Do people really just look at the post count and go WOW! or what? You can look at people's posting history and get a better idea IMHO (can't be done if a user only has 5 posts).

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    I agree people just spam topics to get their posts count up. It's sad who really cares how many posts u have?
    +1 Do people really just look at the post count and go WOW! or what? You can look at people's posting history and get a better idea IMHO (can't be done if a user only has 5 posts).
    From time to time I'll get frustrated with the people who make 1 word spam posts, and then check their history to see that it's all garbage and delete the lot of it. You're right in that a good way to get to know the newer people here quickly is to browse their posting history, which is why I don't mass delete posts too frequently, and only in the more extreme occasions.

I'd like to add to this thread by bringing up hostile posting. If someone instigates a very hostile and personal post towards you, it would be better to report the original post/defend yourself and let us give the guy an infraction instead of bickering personal insults back to him as well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    I'd like to add to this thread by bringing up hostile posting. If someone instigates a very hostile and personal post towards you, it would be better to report the original post/defend yourself and let us give the guy an infraction instead of bickering personal insults back to him as well.
    Great point T.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Thirty minutes is up maybe you can close this thread .

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Why? figure leave it up for a few days so it stays on the front page for a while and no one can complain they didn't see it

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    NinjaX's Avatar Wanted by the IFPI
    Great im tired of all this spam wich fills FST!
    WARNING: The above post can contain
    lack of common sense & ignorance - readers discretion is advised.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Why? figure leave it up for a few days so it stays on the front page for a while and no one can complain they didn't see it
    Can I spam post to bump the fred ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post

I'll remember that. Good to know that you don't really have to defend yourself, whenever someone is mean to you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345