Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WARNING!! Spam infractions make a comeback

Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The only way to prevent the useless spam-flaming-posts is to be very strict ... don't hold back and react from the first signs of useless spam/flame.

If you don't do that I'm afraid this is just gonna continue just like before. You and some others warned earlier about infractions too, but nonetheless I still saw a massive amount of useless posts lately.

The moment this policy will be really felt by the members they will stop. It's like Pavlov ... ones the members are conditioned punishment will follow their postings they will refrain from doing it. Off course they can always create dupe-accounts (if they don't have any already) and use those fresh accounts to spam all over the place. yes I know you need one month, but it's no big deal creating a dozen accounts, just in case, and letting them 'sleep' until they are needed.
    Can you feel the LOVE

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by detale
    If its funny or good natured that's fine, but completely useless and mean spirited has got to be cleansed starting tonight.
    So not all spams are forbidden ?
    No as I said in the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    The only way to prevent the useless spam-flaming-posts is to be very strict ... don't hold back and react from the first signs of useless spam/flame.

If you don't do that I'm afraid this is just gonna continue just like before. You and some others warned earlier about infractions too, but nonetheless I still saw a massive amount of useless posts lately.

The moment this policy will be really felt by the members they will stop. It's like Pavlov ... ones the members are conditioned punishment will follow their postings they will refrain from doing it. Off course they can always create dupe-accounts (if they don't have any already) and use those fresh accounts to spam all over the place. yes I know you need one month, but it's no big deal creating a dozen accounts, just in case, and letting them 'sleep' until they are needed.
    Yeah Dis I tried to warn everyone and let people know it was coming and it seemingly did no good but after the record number of infractions I predict I think I will win the worst mod award easily
    Last edited by Detale; 01-08-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Eh forget it.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-08-2009 at 07:46 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I predict I think I will win the worst mod award easily
    That should not bother a thing if with your actions you make the board viable again. The members who mean will with FST and care for it will be thankfull, the unhappy ones just proove they don't belong here at all.

Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Being strict does that. But I agree with the spam thing.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I think it was about time. It's hard for me to find any usefull information in the bittorrent section. I dont mean there is no any, but because of the tons of shit.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Being strict does that. But I agree with the spam thing.
    Wow Sorry I missed a stop there. My bad

Yeah Dis I tried to warn everyone and let people know it was coming and it seemingly did no good but after the record number of infractions I predict.

I think I will win the worst mod award easily

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    So did I

Hey I have a question, is JUST posting a funny pic in your post (with no text in the post) considered spam?
    Last edited by KushBlow; 01-08-2009 at 08:00 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    So did I

Hey I have a question, is JUST posting a funny pic in your post (with no text in the post) considered spam?
    There are different ideas of spam no 1 concise list of what is or is not. I imagine that if the pic is meant to express a word or phrase it would be OK. These things are taken on a case by case basis though. Post history has alot to do with it too.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    mmmh, very subjective... and up to the mods
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast