Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Me Going Crazy!

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    My cusion's computer is running Windows ME, and its kinda going crazy. When my cusion is using her computer, like at a completely random time, a random program or game or anything will open up. For example, my cusion will be using AIM and chatting or whatever, and IE, notepad, and some chess game would randomly open up, without her opening it.

Shit is weird. I know there are funny programs that play tricks like these, so I closed all the running processes (exept the important ones like explorer and systray), and it still keeps happening. My cusion is about to go nuts, anyone know what might be causing this?

[edit]I didn't know where to post this, its a Windows related problem so I'll put it in software world.[/edit]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 September 2003 - 20:50
    My cusion&#39;s computer is running Windows ME, and its kinda going crazy. When my cusion is using her computer, like at a completely random time, a random program or game or anything will open up. For example, my cusion will be using AIM and chatting or whatever, and IE, notepad, and some chess game would randomly open up, without her opening it.

Shit is weird. I know there are funny programs that play tricks like these, so I closed all the running processes (exept the important ones like explorer and systray), and it still keeps happening. My cusion is about to go nuts, anyone know what might be causing this?

[edit]I didn&#39;t know where to post this, its a Windows related problem so I&#39;ll put it in software world.[/edit]
    1. get a new os. 2000 would be my suggestion, but xp is fine as well.
    2. run anti-virus software.
    3. reintsall windows.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Crazy. I had ME and never had that happen. Are you sure that no shortcut icons were hit. Anyway, XP is working great for me. Maybe its time for an upgrade. It does sound like a virus got in.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    i would recomment the same as mogadishu. 2k is much stable though.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    it sounds like your getting hacked to me...like the others i would surgest a good old fashined format and install of either 2000 or xp depending on the specs of the comp but 2000 is a good os overall and very stable

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    I&#39;ve got ME too and this never happend to me.

Shit&#39;s going on on my pc though. Kernel crap makes sometimes problems. IE stops responding.
    I get some weird message that says reinstall windows.
    After I restart everything&#39;s fine again.
    but then again

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@12 September 2003 - 03:49
    I&#39;ve got ME too and this never happend to me.

Shit&#39;s going on on my pc though. Kernel crap makes sometimes problems. IE stops responding.
    I get some weird message that says reinstall windows.
    After I restart everything&#39;s fine again.
    but then again
    ur sig looks like ur having a cool party their.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I wouldn&#39;t use ME. Like what mogadishu said, switch to 2000. ME is the most unstable OS of all, and that&#39;s not just my opinion. Ask any PC experts. They&#39;ll say the same thing.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I can&#39;t change/re-install her OS at this moment due to the lack of drivers and other needed stuff. I might be able to do that later on, but until then does anyone know why this might be happening? I&#39;m stumped, this is some weird shit.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Well first off it is probably not a hacker, but to be sure unplug her modem. Does it happen? If so atleast that is out of the way.

You mentioned when she is on AIM, is that a constant, does it always and only happen when she is on AIM. If so do the people that she is talking to know anything about computers? I am sure that there is a fairl simple app that will that you connect to peeps computers whilr you are connected on aim, or simmiliar IM.
    I do not knoa alot about that stuff, but I am sure it would be easy enough. (that would be good, simple prank application)

If it does happen while not online, that is good, while at the same time bad, cuz I have no idea where to start from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast