Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Yet Another Of My...

great post, monica
    this was pretty much exactly what i was thinking of
    though, as has been said, apathy rules and so it's a little far-fetched...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    3GN,

I&#39;m sure that, as we type, technically competent folks are working on solutions to the current p2p problems that probably include encryption and identity masking.

If you look at the Questions/Problems section of the forum and figure that, for every one person who posts there are probably 10 who can&#39;t even figure out how, then you see the problem.

The FT network was a success because it was relatively easy to access.

Make it more secure and anonymous and probably 75-85% of current users will not be able to figure out how to use it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by exeus@12 September 2003 - 08:29
    a bit off topic what im about to ask but i think you are the ppl to answer it for me to me for someone to take you to court for stealling digital stuff wouldnt they have to download the "entire" file from "you" cos to me just haveing a file named whatever or only getting a part of a file from you does not prove you have the file does it????
    Actually it does on Fast Track since you must have the entire file in order to share it.
    So the question is if on networks that have partial sharing such as eMule, it could not be proven one has the entire file. Unless it was dl in full from the one source, highly unlikely. Then the question is if it can be still proven to be illegal when only a few bytes have been dl from someone. Is it illegal to own 30k of copyright song then...

@3rd
    The idea of an encrypted mp3 seems no different that one in rar format really, same end file. Encryption may only be good for hiding stuff from your ISP. Filetopia has very good encryption built into their program, but the user you upload to is decrypting the file, thus you would have to trust anyone on the other end. Only benifit of sucha program is that those inbetween can&#39;t see the file. The same goes for Waste, you must trust everyone you supply a key, no better than a password protected ftp really.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234