Thread: any good site for HD WMV videos?

shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    are there any good sites out there that has a large collection of wmv videos in hi-def? I'm looking to stream HD moves from my xbox. or are there any good conversion programs that anyone can suggest.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    HDBits has the best selection (not tons) and if you go to the forums there they will tell you the right way to encode WMV=HD

also heres a guide to convert mkv to wmv-hd : http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id2511147462.html
    Last edited by puckface; 01-11-2009 at 06:05 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There's not much content out there as far as HD wmv's go. The reason is probably because it takes so damn long to encode and that their are better hd formats out there. As far as formats go that you can stream on your 360, mp4 is the way to go. Using a program such as gotsent will convert the standard hd format (mkv) into an mp4 that the 360 can read. Now, with that comes the loss of 5.1 surround sound ATM. But if your just looking to watch something with your standard tv speakers then it's no biggie.

Alternatively, if your looking for an easy way to watch downloaded hd movies check out Western Digital media streaming device. It can take most formats and play it on your tv without having to convert anything.
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post

Alternatively, if your looking for an easy way to watch downloaded hd movies check out Western Digital media streaming device. It can take most formats and play it on your tv without having to convert anything.
    Or get this: http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinesto...0&category_id=

and love your life forever.
    Go Leafs Go.