Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maintaining anonymity on private trackers??

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I was curious what methods some of you have been using (if any) to maintain your anonymity while downloading from private trackers ~ almost all of which expressly prohibit the use of any sort of anonymizing service
    To name just one, BitMeTV expressly states on their log-in page:
    "The use of ANY kind of anonymizing service will result in an immediate disabling of your account."
    Even for the trackers that don't expressly warn users about such consequences on their homepage, most private trackers do keep tabs on the IP address you're downloading from so that they can attempt to prevent you from sharing your account with friends...This would seem to result in problems if you were to use a proxy or SSH Tunnel configuration of some kind to maintain your anonymity while downloading from the private tracker because using a proxy or SSH Tunnel would change your IP address...

The same would be true if you'd planned on using TorrentPrivacy.com, a service heralded by TorrentFreak.com as being one of the only truly secure methods of maintaining your anonymity...correct?

Having pointed all of this out, how do some of you go about maintaining your anonymity on private trackers...or do you?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    meelad's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Maintaining anonymity on private trackers isn't really required. I don't use any kind of anonymizers on private trackers as it is risky.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Why would you think it really isn't required?

Wouldn't it be just as easy for an RIAA or MPAA "spy" to take note of your IP address on a private trackers as it would be for them to do so on a public tracker (when you and they are seeding/leeching the same torrent as one another)?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Most tracker sites have policies/rules against this.. for the simple reason that it would be impossible to keep the unwanteds off their sites.. you know the traders, cheats, and anyone else who piss off the tracker staff and make them ban ... i really don't feel anonymity is an issue.... it's only a issue if your trying to hide something!.. if you are trying to hide something, then you don't need that tracker....

thank you and have a nice day!!!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    vic's Avatar Poster
    that's because bitmetv are just a bunch of shitheads.

i'm not concerned by this issue idk why.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    most good private tracker don't require a high anonymity lvl, i trust that they have a secure server with no leacks

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    if it's a decent tracker(with folks who know what they are doing), no one should worry too much.. that's my opinion anyways on it..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Last edited by Brenya; 01-11-2009 at 09:01 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    D1zkK1ll's Avatar Poster
    I dont use on my tracker anything. I trust the staff members and I know they crypt their server etc..
    I would say,good private tracker a secure.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    seedbox? riaa/mpaa spy will connect to your seedbox's ip instead of your home's

it's probably a bit different if the tracker's servers get taken.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast