Thread: Downloading Almost Famous. No Audio!

Hi Guys

I am downloading almost famous.avi (divx). When I started downloading it the audio and video were working fine and were in sync. Now when I have downloaded 200 odd megs of the movie I played it again and this time it says no audio and asks me to either stop playing or play video only. It also says that I might have to download another audio codec (audio data:tag 85 to be exact).

I have the complete k-lite codec pack installed.

What do u think is the problem? Will installing another codec pack (eg Nimo) help or do I have to look for a specific audio codec?

If you want any more details abt the file do tell me.

Thanks in advance

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Maybe if you wait till you have the complete file you'll know more.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by geesquire@12 September 2003 - 15:49
    Hi Guys

I am downloading almost famous.avi (divx). When I started downloading it the audio and video were working fine and were in sync. Now when I have downloaded 200 odd megs of the movie I played it again and this time it says no audio and asks me to either stop playing or play video only. It also says that I might have to download another audio codec (audio data:tag 85 to be exact).

I have the complete k-lite codec pack installed.

What do u think is the problem? Will installing another codec pack (eg Nimo) help or do I have to look for a specific audio codec?

If you want any more details abt the file do tell me.

Thanks in advance
    I had a similar problem with the 25th hour, try downloading AC3Filter. I'm not sure how it works but it did the trick for me.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Dunno, but downloaded the new divx player and codec bundle and bingo the problem is solved

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I suggest you wait until the movie has finished downloading and then watch it again. I don't think this is a codec problem, because, as you say, in the beginning it was working fine and in sync. So I don't think that it has anything to do with a missing codec. Just let it finish downloading and then try it. If there is still a problem, then you can ask again or try to find some other codecs.

Greetz, D!mensio_x.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Same Happened with me but the sound worked in the theater but not in any player. befor i got Zoom Player.
    I think it is the best player in the world.
    It helpt me when the starship troopers picture dident show.!

Download Zoom Player!"