Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reviews Section

Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    I doubt I'm alone in thinking this section of the torrent forums could do with a massive and drastic overhaul, it's got the potential to be hugely informative however I think it's untidy & organised poorly.

Here's a few suggestions of improvements that could be made:

1) The reviews section should have it's own sub-forum

2) The first sticky thread in the sub-forum should have strict formatting rules for both the review and the review title and a template for users to follow. (I know this already in place but it is not adhered too)

3) The next Sticky I would have would be similar to the WTAW thread with hot links to the review threads which will make up the main content of this sub forum.

4) Reviews would not be displayed until they are approved by a mod / review editor.

5) The title of each sites review thread should display Tracker name, Tracker genre & content rating

6) With each tracker having it's own thread it would be much easier to contain and read everyones opinions of a particular site.

I'm sure you can think of many more, I'd just love to see this section as a real drawing point to FST as opposed to something that personally I avoid because it's a bit of a confusing mess.

Please don't turn this into pointless spam, flame, troll thread I'm trying to encourage something positive here.
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-13-2009 at 05:20 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    meelad's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I like the idea of separate threads for each tracker. But that will mean too many threads, right? But I guess this can be done.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    it's all organized in the WTO thread: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/

they link to the review threads, which is more organized and tidy then a whole forum specially for reviews

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    it's all organized in the WTO thread: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/what-trackers-offer/

they link to the review threads, which is more organized and tidy then a whole forum specially for reviews
    The problem that I see with this is that each review link takes you to a single post and not a thread which only allows you to see the reviewers opinion on the site and doesn't encourage or give the chance for others to express their view in the same place.

I know I've only been here for a few days or whatever but to me it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity on these boards, you should have a couple of trusted users working on this section to let it realise it's full potential
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-13-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think it's pretty much okay as it is it doesn't need any modifications

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    I think it's pretty much okay as it is it doesn't need any modifications
    Why settle for "pretty much ok" when you could have something much more professional

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    vic's Avatar Poster
    what tsol said.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    It's good enough as it is. It'd be pretty mundane if each tracker followed the same duplicate template; each tracker has its own unique identity (presumably), so the review should be equally unique. ALso, if each tracker is given its own review thread, it'd just result in the Internet samurais and trolls going to war.

The WTO page is a good representation of most sites, and can give people an idea of what trackers have before they start their "I Have A Dream" campaign.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    It's good enough as it is. It'd be pretty mundane if each tracker followed the same duplicate template; each tracker has its own unique identity (presumably), so the review should be equally unique. ALso, if each tracker is given its own review thread, it'd just result in the Internet samurais and trolls going to war.

The WTO page is a good representation of most sites, and can give people an idea of what trackers have before they start their "I Have A Dream" campaign.
    I think your point about the forum troll's is completely valid but this could be overcome with moderation, wouldn't take that many warning then perma-bans to get that message accross.

With regards to each tracker following the same review template being boring and mundane it's organised, professional and makes it easier for users to compare and contrast two or more trackers before they start their "I have a dream" campaign lolol, Think about it this way trackers which you rightly pointed out are all unique, but this is no different from anything else that is reviewed cars, computer games, holidays in brochures, they all follow the same template.

For example take a Top of the range Ferrari 360& a bottom of the range Ford Shitbox they're both very different and unique from each other but the same review template would be identical, this doesn't make it boring it's just logical
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-13-2009 at 07:43 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if you're willing to make something like that it would be nice if not it's okay as it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast