Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats A Good Router ?

Poster
    hi folks ! i am on the look out for a router and i would appreciate any help u can give me recommending which router's good ! bellow my stats so that it could narrow things down:

xp pro,p4 2.0 gh ,i live in germany
    internet provider: 1und1 dsl 768 dl 128 ul ( i stated this because there are routers in germany designed only for one internet provider -t-online) and it could be that i might be changing providers in the next couple of monthes.so the router has to work for all ( except aol which sucks ). I do want a router with a firewall as well as security is very important

ok thnkx in advance
    Open your mind

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    i use linksys remote and all pc in the house are working great and everything gets out with no problems on all pc

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    one thing we would need to know, is if ur modem is usb or ethernet, if its ethernet i woud recomend a linksys, i got a linksys 4port one and i cant fault it, easy to setup and forward ports etc.
    not sure about usb modems though

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    do not get D-Link its a real pain and it may be cheap but not worth it. It has problems sending out signals. Which means games, email does not work.

-Mike

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I know a lot of people are recommending LinkSys routers and hubs but I don't really like them. They don't have all that many features and they come in that cheap blue and black plastic enclosure.

I recommend you get a Netgear 801.11g router that trasmits at 54 Mbits! There are also 801.11g routers that work in turbo mode and can transmit data at an amazing 104 or 108 Mbit/sec, that's more than 100BaseT CAT 5 network cable!

If you just want a router without all that wireless stuff I suggest you still grab a Netgear. They are by far the most feature rich and secure personal routers you can get! And Netgear is sold in Germany, which means it will work!

Take a look at these routers from Netgear

Alles Gute

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Livy@13 September 2003 - 00:39
    one thing we would need to know, is if ur modem is usb or ethernet, if its ethernet i woud recomend a linksys, i got a linksys 4port one and i cant fault it, easy to setup and forward ports etc.
    not sure about usb modems though
    sorry i forgot that but my modem is usb
    Open your mind

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@13 September 2003 - 00:55
    I know a lot of people are recommending LinkSys routers and hubs but I don't really like them. They don't have all that many features and they come in that cheap blue and black plastic enclosure.

I recommend you get a Netgear 801.11g router that trasmits at 54 Mbits! There are also 801.11g routers that work in turbo mode and can transmit data at an amazing 104 or 108 Mbit/sec, that's more than 100BaseT CAT 5 network cable!

If you just want a router without all that wireless stuff I suggest you still grab a Netgear. They are by far the most feature rich and secure personal routers you can get! And Netgear is sold in Germany, which means it will work!

Take a look at these routers from Netgear

Alles Gute
    yo thnkx maddog will check that site
    Open your mind

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    checkout the Nokia website as well...im using one of theres(mw1122 wireless) had it for 6 months and never had anything go wrong yet

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    the best is if you build one yourself!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Retired
    I got a sitecom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast