Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little help with what.cd

harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    agree nbo

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    No country have been banned from What.CD, you're all able to join using regular ways of invitation. We have banned a few IP-ranges from our INTERVIEW channel because of certain returning users (they get an account, leech it to death, rejoin the channel and try to get a new one). That in addition to a large portion of ratio cheaters and invite sellers/traders on the very same IP-ranges makes them unable to get an INTERVIEW (NOT an invite). This will never change, the alternative is shutting down the entire interview channel as it is an extra service we provide.
    What.CD Administrator

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    so, you're trying to implicate that i made an account, leeched it do death, and then tried to rejoin the channel????i did NOT do so,
    when i tried to enter the interview channel, i was kicked with my client showing Banned Country as the last line, when i went to the help channel the staff said the same...

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post
    Indeed your right so whats happened to the other 90,000 torrents ? Dead ?
    You're confusing "albums" and torrents. There can be multiples torrents per album...

There are over 380,000 torrents on the site and this equates to 221,000 albums. As far as I understand that means they have more 'albums' than Waffles even has 'torrents'.

so, you're trying to implicate that i made an account, leeched it do death, and then tried to rejoin the channel????i did NOT do so,
    when i tried to enter the interview channel, i was kicked with my client showing Banned Country as the last line, when i went to the help channel the staff said the same...
    No. He's not. He's staff there. He's just saying that they don't have any banned countrys on the site. They only ban particular users from the invite channels due to so many dodgy types trying to get accounts. It's nothing against the country and it doesn't stop the users from getting invites from other trackers invite forums/threads...

Btw, does stmusic not have an invite thread? I'm surprised nobody is offering What.CD invites there... Are you a power user there?

@OP: Do you have a last.fm, proof that you have stuff to upload, and some ratio screenshots? I could probably interview you, as long as I can be convinced you're a good user. I don't really like to risk inviting people on FST tbh!
    On second thoughs fuck that, I just read your connection speed. You wouldn't survive.

If this isn't possible your best bet is to get onto other sites and work your way up the hard way. Anyway, that's how all of the best users did it. :]
    Last edited by lhnz; 01-15-2009 at 08:46 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the info Ihnz but I got the answer on page 3 of this thread.

On a more light hearted note when I try and pronounce your username I just sound constipated

Anyone got any prune juice ?
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-15-2009 at 08:58 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    No but I've got some milk of magnesia and it works wonders!
    Kindness goes a long way!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    looks like "tarding" is gettin famous!this typo of mine has already influenced the titles of at least 5 people(as far as i've seen lol!)

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by harshytkage View Post
    well amistoned, i'll tell you this, it is HARD to get a good connection in india(actually it's hard to get any material thing good in india). the max. conn speed you can get here is a measely 8mbps (and that too at crazy prices like above 270$(approx) and to compound that these assholes have data transfer limits per month(like it's 15-16 sucky GB's for the 8mbps one), my connection? a 2mbps connection, 1GB data transfer limit per month(i know what you're thinking "WTF") and abve that it's a dollar/50mb.

the only thing i can do wid my conn. is seed from 2am-8am(free usage hours)

(WTF! a smiley????)
    TBH India sucks at everything.
    Big nations can be successful too, lots of areas in China where you see fiber for cheap prices.

You should just download from Rapidshare as your connection speed was never made for BitTorrent.

Quote Originally Posted by nbo View Post
    in my opinion just because a lot of them are leechers that does NOT justify by any means banning an entire country, that's just wrong.
    Not all, but just banning the whole place would give them an easier time if the staffs CBA to whitelist a few good users who are in What already.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    NO Tracker can be compared to IPTorrents

100 in 1 = IPT !

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    @anistoned - TBH i agree wid everything(yup, i'm no Patriot) except the bittorrent thing, i'm here ain't i?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast