Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why don't all trackers have open signup?

Czone
    Why don't all trackers have open signup?

Because life will be boring ^^

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    MODERATION BT Rep: +2
    because trackers would turn into fst, full of dupe account holders,cheaters, and traders.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    fixed:

Quote Originally Posted by Czone View Post
    Why don't all trackers have open signup?

Because it would turn into the wild west ^^^

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Open signups = mininova
    WTF mininova doesn't have ratio system but private trackers have a Ratio sys !!
    are you new in BT World !! LMAO
    Utorrent is the best

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    basically for the same reason your mother stopped having "open signups"

why do popular clubs always keep a long line at the door?

why does your front door have a lock on it?

why should you use a condom when fucking a hooker from prague?

why do you wear a kevlar vest when browsing fst?.....oh wait the dangerous one has been exterminated :p

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by FallDX View Post
    Open signups = mininova
    You didn't catch my drift genius. If there was to be open sign ups forever, it wouldn,t be a private community anymore. And the speeds would suck di*k due to the irresponsible users who like to hit and run all the time....And why worry about seeding, they can easily get another account.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-18-2009 at 09:25 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    If a private-semi public tracker has open signups everyday then it is not a private tracker, literally.Unless they are recruiting. But a open signup page every day=public tracker in my eyes.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by bblogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I would be too worried about the law types getting in(RIAA, MPAA, etc). I mean, these type of people are going to get in regardless if they want to. I'm sure every single tracker has at least one of these type of people as a member.
    You just very successfully contradicted yourself. You were right in saying that they'll get in if they wanted to, and they probably are. So you can get over your fear of the RIAA/MPAA, they could go after you if they wanted, but most private trackers aren't a good target.
    Yes, I realized it was a contradiction when I typed it, that's just the way this is. I think it would be a little more of a piece of mind type thing than anything if I were an owner and implemented a recommendation policy for getting new members. I know very well that any of the potential members, no matter how trust worthy they appear or how well known they are in the bt community, could be a law type. But implementing that kind of policy prevents any of them from just simply signing up whenever they wanted.

Knowing this, if you were a tracker owner would you personally feel safer with an open sign ups policy or a recommendation policy?

Maybe some trackers make it difficult for people to get in with the sole intentions of staying high up on that dumbass WTAW listing. But I'm sure most do this to feel safe(even if it is a false sense).

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.FOX View Post
    they will not get donat
    I am guessing you mean that new members will mean a decrease in donations, I have personally not found this to be the case and have had donations from members before they have even had chance to properly check the site out
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FallDX View Post
    You didn't catch my drift genius. If there was to be open sign ups forever, it wouldn,t be a private community anymore. And the speeds would suck di*k due to the irresponsible users who like to hit and run all the time....And why worry about seeding, they can easily get another account.
    agree with you about "double-account" it's Suck
    Utorrent is the best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast