Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Half-life 2 Works Way Better On Ati

From Anandtech.com, which is a reliable source for all tech information
    check the exact link below

http://www.anandtech.com/video/index.html

nvidia is gonna have to release new drivers of newer games if they wanna stay in biz

2. Games   -   #2
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Yea I read something about that on megagames.com.... pretty shocking...
    or is it....

3. Games   -   #3

4. Games   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    does it really matter?.. i mean will it make that much of a difference, and do any games actually use these 256mb cards to the fullest?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Games   -   #5
    Yes it does matter, such a lack in performance for nvidia cards makes ATI look even better in what was pretty much even benchmarks up to this. You are right in saying the 256 mb cards arent used to their fullest, in comparison to the 128 mb cards there is very little performance difference, and generally - games often don&#39;t use anything more than even 32mb video card memory. The 128 mb versions of the cards are just as good - and save you alot of cash.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    I own an ATI, but I don&#39;t have anything against nVidia, but... I&#39;d just like to point out that this is just one game. This, is no way, says anything about the nVidia cards in general.

7. Games   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    half life 2 and ati?? i smell something wrong here, i thought ati went with doom3, and since both half life and doom 3 are ground breaking games, wut&#39;s up wit ati supporting both? could someone pls make me unconfused, thanx

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Games   -   #8
    OK, somebody fill me in here.

What is the difference between an nVidia and ATi card?

I know that nVidia do GeForce, but I have never heard of ATI before.

Which one is the best, because I am planning on getting a 64MB one near Crimbo?

Thanx

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Bodasher@13 September 2003 - 08:59
    OK, somebody fill me in here.

What is the difference between an nVidia and ATi card?

I know that nVidia do GeForce, but I have never heard of ATI before.

Which one is the best, because I am planning on getting a 64MB one near Crimbo?

Thanx
    ATI make radeon graphics cards, the results of the higher end graphics cards of both sides are almost identical (RADEON 9800 PRO vs GF FX 5900 ULTRA). It&#39;s too hard to simply say which is the best, but price wise i&#39;d go with either a geforce fx 5600 ULTRA or a radeon 9600 pro.

half life 2 and ati?? i smell something wrong here, i thought ati went with doom3, and since both half life and doom 3 are ground breaking games, wut&#39;s up wit ati supporting both? could someone pls make me unconfused, thanx
    ATI doesn&#39;t support either any more than nvidia does, either games arent optimised for specific graphics cards. Just in this case - ATI&#39;s driver&#39;s seem to be giving half life 2 a significant boost, as soon as (well, hopefully when) nvidia releases their new drivers, the benchmarks for nvidia should be boosted to close, if not the same of the radeons.

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    ur wrong ATI did support Half Life 2 they even sponsered them at this years E3 after there misshap with the Doom 3 demo Carmack was pissed and pretty much told ATI to f*ck off for leaking the Demo.then Carmack called on nVidia to support them and pretty much evident that ATi cards would liekly perform better with HL2 but not as much as 30 FPS so nVidia did also loose and screwed up on there end.but Doom 3 will likely have that signature nVidia stamp on the box with soem exclusive features that on nVidia cards have access to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast