Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ring Remake

Poster
    :flame: The Ring remake sucks compared to the japanese film! it is about ten times less scary and not to mention that in the the japanese version you dont see samarah at all!!!! why do they all ways have to ruin a bloody good film!!! if you ask me it was better not knowing what was killing them off than seeing it at the end, at least the japanese knew to save it till ring 2! after i watched the first ring i was shit scared and not just me so were my mates and that takes alot to do, afterwards you couldn't look at a t.v with static on it for at least a week!!!!! But oh no lets make it again but this time only american style so it in english { fare i cant complain } but then lets make the storyline weeker by showing samarah and let you see her face!!!!!! that didn't happen in the origional!!!! you only saw her long hair and an eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    money?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@13 September 2003 - 02:08
    money?
    Blatantly!!!!!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    :flame: But why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They still could have left samarah out of it and hyped up the way the people died and still made a shit load!!!!!!!!!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by spirit@13 September 2003 - 01:19
    :flame: But why!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They still could have left samarah out of it and hyped up the way the people died and still made a shit load!!!!!!!!!
    OH GOD I'M PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Originally posted by spirit+13 September 2003 - 02:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spirit @ 13 September 2003 - 02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spirit@13 September 2003 - 01:19
    :flame: But why&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; They still could have left samarah out of it and hyped up the way the people died and still made a shit load&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    OH GOD I&#39;M PISSED OFF&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Dont worry its only a film. Just dont see it again. Personally i thought it was good but i haven&#39;t seen the original japanese one

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    :flame: You should its alot better but you will have to put up with subtitles&#33; but it is worth a watch as well as ring 2 and ring o which takes you back before the ring.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by spirit@13 September 2003 - 02:45
    :flame: You should its alot better but you will have to put up with subtitles&#33; but it is worth a watch as well as ring 2 and ring o which takes you back before the ring.
    yeah, i heard about them the other night in here. i&#39;m having trouble downloading them off Klite so i&#39;ve just got to get round to getting emule becasue i&#39;ve heard thy&#39;re available on there

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    Well i&#39;d get to it coz there the tits&#33;&#33;&#33; alot better than the remake. if i got my hands on the person responsible i will burn him&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :flame:

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    I&#39;d have to agree, Japanese director Hideo Nakata who made the Ringu has had his other movies: Choas and Dark Water set for American remake. These movies are not old, from the last year or two. It, to me, conveys American film-makers think they can do it better than other countries, be it Spain or in this case Japan.

neither the American or Japanese are exactly like the original, because the Japanese version was different from the book. The Korean make of Ringu is quite true to the book.

Anyway, I think it&#39;s better to subtitle movies which were already greats as they are. The japanese culture, locations and directing are all of course unique to them. This is what makes the movie, just as martial arts make many of the HK and China films. Since the martial arts tallents and style is unique to China&#39;s locations and so forth, means other countries just get the movies dubbed or subtitled. So i think this should be the same with Japanese. A movie made to be based arround a countries culture and area should not be remade into something completely different, since the plot was tailored arround where the original was set.

So yeah, to re-phrase, I think foreign movies which are classics should not be remade as changing characteristics of the movies (in this case culture, directing, location) changes the feel of the movie and in exteme cases it&#39;s message.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast