Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About bad requests here

flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3

Question Mark

If you take a look at the giveaway/req section i am sure you will see some requests. And out of them i would say 90% are shit. Really

I don't get it. Do ppl really think that they will get invited to places if they just write: "I want tl invite, thanks". No explanation why they want it, no convincing arguments, no background info...

I don't get it :S Do they really think that they will get invited?

What's up with those people? Please explain what you are thinking, I would be interested to know

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Some do not want to go into detail about certain sites. That is just my opinion though, others think different.. So they do not bring unwanted attention to the particular site. I agree. List your file sharing background. As others have, not in to much detail. Then if someone chooses to give out a invite, Profile links are good to check.
    As it is hard to trust just anyone. Personally, i do not do it. That is a little off topic.
    Members requesting a invite should also state why they want the certain site but that also goes back to not wanting to bring attention to the tracker-site?
    Last edited by pone44; 01-21-2009 at 11:20 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    My guess is they just try, and maybe it works out. Especially for newbies they don't have much to lose.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well, I would understand if ppl don't like to mention other sites. But they don't need that to be convincing.

I would at least expect an explanation why they want an invite there and why they deserve it. It is not often you see that i think

EDIT:

@ sonnentier

well, I would be surprised to hear if it ever has worked
    Last edited by flashback3r; 01-21-2009 at 11:05 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Personally i think its really fake at times when peope write big essays saying its their dream to be on tracker x blah blah blah, but on the other hand i dont like it when people just put can some one give me tracker x and thats it. I think people should be a bit more polite and greatful,and if they have ratio proofs should state that they do. I think its then at the person who potentially thinking of inviting them to pm and go into more detail about their ratio proofs and intention.

Also got to agree with pone44 some people dont want to bring particular attention to sites they have. So such discussions should take place privately.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Not just the sites they have, really was not saying that. I meant the site they are requesting.. Most do not like to be talked about publicly.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Not just the sites they have, really was not saying that. I meant the site they are requesting.. Most do not like to be talked about publicly.
    yea i can definitely undertand that to.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    @ villaalltheway

I didn't say long requests. They don't have to be that long, just sincere and the reasons why they want there and why they deserve it.

Long requests can be bad too

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flashback3r View Post
    @ villaalltheway

I didn't say long requests. They don't have to be that long, just sincere and the reasons why they want there and why they deserve it.

Long requests can be bad too
    I definitely agree about being sincere 100% with you, as for the reasons why they want to be there, i always think anyone can make shit up when it comes to things like that (maybe im just a bit paranoid about people), and usually it should be pretty obvious, if for example they want what,cd, its because they want to donwload music and their is nowhere better to go. As to if they deserve it, i think this comes down to their ratio proofs (see if they know how to keep good ratios etc) at other sites which they can give u privately.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Okey, if i understand you right this time, you mean that the requesters that write requests just stating "i want invite please" respect the trackers they are requesting without mentioning them in public? :S

If they respect the trackers wishes they wouldn't make a public request in the first place. And if you mean that they don't wanna get into details about the trackers that's cool. They still don't need that to make a good request

I think i still don't get what your point is pone44 Sorry, but I am tired

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast