Thread: Help

Poster
    i have just started an AS level computing course and i need an idea for a project.

this is in software because it needs to be a program. i have no restrictions, but the more design in it means more marks. any ideas will be muchly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    I'm not sure what AS means, and I don't even understand whether you're doing this for HS, college or university, but if you just want DOS-based graphical programming, try an Arkanoid-type game. It's pretty easy to make, but you can make all sorts of advanced crap like cannons on the moving thingie, etc.

If you need something a bit more advanced (for university)... I don't really know, but a game would do great, if you need a lot of graphics.

Again, please explain a bit more, maybe i'll have an idea for you...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    its UK A-Level. I would like to make a piece of window-based software. i already know visual basic but i could do something in visual c++ as i wanna learn that too.

It needs to be about first year university standard.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Hmm, in that case, an Arkanoid program won't do... but I'd still suggest a game of some sort. Maybe solitaire ? Although that might be way too easy...

I think you might make some good free M$Paint alternative... shouldn't be extremely difficult, although i wouldn't know, i've got almost no experience in Windows-based programming, just DOS (console applications).