Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Involed In Filesharing

Poster
    this might not be up on sony.com anymore but

when i orderd the sony net md player i was looking at its info and i came upon this

grab ur downloads and go with the new net md player ...... How or Where do u find u downloads well P2P of course like kazaa, morpheus and emule
    so why arent the RIAA SUEING THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    ONE MORE THING IF THEY MANGE TO GET RID OF P2P (MAY GOD FORBID) then mp3 players will be useless

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    sueing is a money game, sony are a multi billionaire coorperation a shit group like the RIAA dont stand a chance

also, that quote there is quite diplomatic it doesnt say anywhere download copyrighted mp3's, its quite politically correct

sony can just argue that they implied that users downloaded unofficial group mp3s or unknown bands etc

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by TClite@13 September 2003 - 14:57
    sueing is a money game, sony are a multi billionaire coorperation a shit group like the RIAA dont stand a chance

also, that quote there is quite diplomatic it doesnt say anywhere download copyrighted mp3's, its quite politically correct

sony can just argue that they implied that users downloaded unofficial group mp3s or unknown bands etc
    ur right

wat about we make a multi billonire kingdom and then pileshare riaa will not stad a frekin chance

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    sounds like a plan...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by TClite@13 September 2003 - 23:57
    Sony's more than that - Sony is a multi-national corporation with its main offices (AFAIK) in Japan, where the issue there is pretty quiet on an international stage.

On the fairly small chance that RIAA are able to con Congress to put some sort of restrictions on the company, Sony would still have a hefty chunk of business with the rest of the world - Losing business in the USA would be considerable but not critical.

The only way to really trim Sony in that way is to take it to international law, which is pretty much through the UN (AFAIK), and with the USA government recently disregarding UN rulings with that little war in Iraq (not to mention outlawing something because one non-critical national industry is losing money for once is a pretty trivial thing for the UN compared to wars), I'd pretty much say that the UN would have to be stupid to forget that little pissing-on-UN in order to let it be done.

If you have to love Bush for something, this has got to be it!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    u said if sony lost buisness in the us then it would not be critical

but i disagree yeah sure they make labour where it is cheap in malyashia china but if u look at the statistics US has the most pple buying sonys products

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by neotheone@14 September 2003 - 00:23
    u said if sony lost buisness in the us then it would not be critical

but i disagree yeah sure they make labour where it is cheap in malyashia china but if u look at the statistics US has the most pple buying sonys products
    No doubt, Sony has more business in the USA than in any other country.

Sony does not have more business in the USA than all other countries combined.

That's what I mean - While the blow wouldn't be light, it wouldn't be lethal either.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    ooh i se ur piont

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Sony is also a MEMBER of the RIAA, so i cant see them being sued by it.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast