Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone else get the "not connectable" warning at SCT?

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    everytime i log in i get the "not connectable" warning, its driving me nuts. how do i fix it? i went through the FAQ's and tutorials and i dont know what to do, i dont have any problems with other trackers. I went to portforward site and they dont even have the model of my router. im uploading and downloading with no problems at all, so why is SCT so bothered about it and what is the problem??
    Last edited by Jiggles; 01-23-2009 at 02:19 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    you are being firewalled, either at the router or at the PC that you are using to download from.
    you must go to the virtual server at the router and open the TCP port you are using, and forward it to your download PC, ie 192.168.1.2 for example.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    you are being firewalled, either at the router or at the PC that you are using to download from.
    you must go to the virtual server at the router and open the TCP port you are using, and forward it to your download PC, ie 192.168.1.2 for example.
    how do i get to the virtual server? and how do i find out my TCP port? i went to cmd and typed ipconfig/all and i cant find any numbers that start with 192.168 etc.

and whats all it about? i havent opened up utorrent, and i log into sct and it says "not connectable", im confused.
    Last edited by Jiggles; 01-23-2009 at 02:47 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    how do i get to the virtual server? and how do i find out my TCP port? i went to cmd and typed ipconfig/all and i cant find any numbers that start with 192.168 etc.

and whats all it about? i havent opened up utorrent, and i log into sct and it says "not connectable", im confused.
    lan networks can have many address schemes (10.0.0.1). Just look for the IP address, its there.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    the tcp port you are using is the one you defined at your BT client. That port must be open for the traffic to be properly forwarded.
    if in your router control panel you don't have something like Virtual server, look for portforwarding or NAT.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    its an sct bug, don't worry about it. happens to me sometimes aswell

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Yah its something with Sct if its only saying that there. I am connectable but sct says that often

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bgh520's Avatar Freddie Mercury BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    go to there support channel or send pm their staff

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    i found out that im not using a router but a modem. so there's no need for port forwarding. ive added utorrent to the exceptions in all the firewalls, there's nothing wrong and there never was, so it must be a bug. thanks, i can stop worrying about it now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Same problem for me on Iplay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast