Thread: Any Newsgroups clients that charge in £

Mr Kennedy's Avatar I'm Freaking Out!
    I'm with Astraweb and have been for years, so atm i'm on the $11 p/m and using a nationwide card to not get any fees. But with the $ getting weaker by the day to the £ just wondering if there are any good ones out there that charge in £ just incase the $ and £ are the same so would be paying then £11 p/m.

Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    http://hitnews.eu/index_en.php?group=1

im sure there are others too but have heard that hitnews was a good service
    Last edited by dutchmaster420; 01-23-2009 at 01:52 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    i'm with NGD, if only as they sell GB blocks & as you say enable you to pay in pounds

http://www.newsgroupdirect.com/signup/

I'm sure there's others out there too with similiar setups.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    There is a well known host called NewsDemon, they offer the option to pay in GBP.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-new...iscount-301500

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kennedy View Post
    I'm with Astraweb and have been for years, so atm i'm on the $11 p/m and using a nationwide card to not get any fees. But with the $ getting weaker by the day to the £ just wondering if there are any good ones out there that charge in £ just incase the $ and £ are the same so would be paying then £11 p/m.

Thanks
    I can see you aren't Mr. Current Events so I'll attempt to bring you up to date. The dollar has fallen a tad while we are in a recession, true. However, the recession in the UK has brought the Pound down as well and more so than the dollar.

The current exchange rate is actually higher than it has been in years past - 1 U.S. dollar = 0.731635938 Pounds.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Thanks
    I can see you aren't Mr. Current Events so I'll attempt to bring you up to date. The dollar has fallen a tad while we are in a recession, true. However, the recession in the UK has brought the Pound down as well and more so than the dollar.

The current exchange rate is actually higher than it has been in years past - 1 U.S. dollar = 0.731635938 Pounds.
    Not that i'm trying to get into an argument or anything but just thought I should say that when I signed up to astraweb 5 months ago I was paying approximately £6.70 with the exchange rate whereas now it is £8.10 or so
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 01-23-2009 at 11:17 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Earlier in the year the exchange rate did indeed fluctuate quite a bit as it seemed the US economy woes were slightly ahead of the UKs, but now we're both in the crapper and the rate is "normal" again.

yo

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Thanks

Exactly what i thought, even though £ is stronger then $, the £ has been getting weaker at a much faster rate then then $. Few years ago it was like $2 = £1, now is more like £1 = $1.3 .

p.s even the euro now is nearly the same as the pound.

To sum things up paying by the £ now wont make a big difference at all.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 01-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Well I have ditched Giganews as I was on about 6 pound a month now it is nearly a tenner. I am using my block account from elsewhere which I paid for 2 years ago when the going was good
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak