Thread: Any seedbox services with Azureus?

I've searched and can't find any. Don't bother with the 'resource pig' or 'utorrent rocks' comments. It is a superior client that manages downloading and seeding much better than anything else out there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
    I've searched and can't find any. Don't bother with the 'resource pig' or 'utorrent rocks' comments. It is a superior client that manages downloading and seeding much better than anything else out there.
    I dont think its possible to have a seedbox service with azerius. It does take to mutch resurce from the server. It works ok with only one client on a server but not with many.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
    i totally agree with what you say. Azureus is without question the best client out there.
    unfortunately, you would need a dedicated server to run it yourself. some of the super seeders at torrent sites use azureus for upload, for its better distribution of pieces, etc etc. I've tried it, and it produces way better results than utorrent, especially if you are the starting seeder.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    At our site [6600+ users, 400+ uploaders, 20k torrents], we get uploaders complaining about seedbox users hogging all the upload stats. On top of that, many are using the RSS Feed to download the torrents, so they are usually the first to jump on, compounding the problem. Azureus's Queue settings, combined with First Priority settings would certainly be helpful.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    yeah, curious your nickname isn't strange to me... dunno from where though.

but about azureus, you will have to go to a dedibox, there's no other chance i'm afraid. though a fully running azureus with lots of torrents, only goes as far as 150mb ram, which if a machine is running 2gb is more than enough to handle several clients.
    maybe asking the provider to install it to you.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-23-2009 at 08:16 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Was wondering this myself?