Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Why do traders cheat?

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Ok and what percent is considered a "good sample"?

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think that more people who do not trade attempt to cheat as opposed to those who trade and cheat. Naturally that would be the case since less people trade to begin with. Being that I am neither a trader or cheater I can only guess at what the percentages could be. If I had to guess, I would expect that experienced traders and ones with high "level" accounts don't even think about or consider cheating. Too much to lose. Vice versa, the noob low level trader would be more apt to consider it since they either don't know any better or don't care/can replace tracker easy enough. The latter could easily hold true for a non-trader cheater as well.

Personally, what I do know about ratio cheating is that it is extremely easy to catch. With and without a script. Cheaters are very low on the IQ pole than. You are straight up dumb to attempt it imo.

Therefore, I wish all or most traders were cheaters...Unfortunately, there are a number of "successful" traders and so few successful cheaters. Shit, who knows! Maybe there are successful cheaters but I have never heard those stories.
    Last edited by bumrocks; 01-25-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    i'm not sure how you calculate the % of certainty so exactly how you should pick a sample on FST, i cannot say

but i think somewhere around 95% certainty would be considered good in many cases.. but it depends on how important it is to be precise.
    Last edited by danio; 01-25-2009 at 12:37 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster
    Yes this is the way it's done now, they take a small group and survey them but this is why all statistics are irrelevant and bullshit. Without surveying at very least a majority of the parties involved it makes no sense.

Lets say I survey 10 people here at FST and it so happens that 8 of them are from Canada then the stat would say that 80% of our members were Canadians and this is absurdly inaccurate see -Penn and Teller Bullshit-

Quote Originally Posted by 105802 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 105802 View Post

Edited by D
    what a nice boy you are.... now if that doesnt merit a warning or a ban, I dont know what does. Hell I got an infraction for calling someone a bigot.
    2 point infraction for flaming someone who has blatant disregard for any trackers rules

i dont understand why he doesnt get banned but i get burnt with a 2 point infraction

lammeeeee
    Rule 14 - Mod/Admin Decisions Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.

If you do this again you will get another infraction, Thanks
    like i said in the PM , first time ive ever seen a rule enforced in this place

bravo for doing it to the wrong person though , theres a multi tracker account holding trader there whos off scot free
    Last edited by 105802; 01-25-2009 at 01:44 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    ^ Only problem being... trading isnt against the rules here.
    Go Leafs Go.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    why does water come down from the sky?
    why canīt chickens fly?
    What came first? The egg or the chicken?
    Last edited by benficao; 01-25-2009 at 05:22 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by benficao View Post
    What came first? The egg or the chicken?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/5019682.stm
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    I really disagree with the OP that all traders cheat. I traded a few invites when I first started out but I've never cheated ratio and I never would.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    i'm not sure how you calculate the % of certainty so exactly how you should pick a sample on FST, i cannot say

but i think somewhere around 95% certainty would be considered good in many cases.. but it depends on how important it is to be precise.
    As part of a Math degree I took statics in school.

As the size of the population increases the sample need for accuracy decreases.In other words if you have a small number of members you would have to poll almost all to get an accurate answer.Conversely for a great number of members you only need a very small number(for the population of the U.S. only something like 1200 as long as it's random)

I did a quick figuring and if FST has 50000 members for +/-5% 380 for 95% confidence. 655 for 99%(nothing is 100%)

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

As part of a Math degree I took statics in school.

As the size of the population increases the sample need for accuracy decreases.In other words if you have a small number of members you would have to poll almost all to get an accurate answer.Conversely for a great number of members you only need a very small number(for the population of the U.S. only something like 1200 as long as it's random)

I did a quick figuring and if FST has 50000 members for +/-5% 380 for 95% confidence. 655 for 99%(nothing is 100%)
    damn.. i've taken a statistics course myself, but i can't remember how to calculate the sample size for a certain % confidence interval :S.
    Last edited by danio; 01-25-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345