Thread: Newbie ? - How To Install Soft. Programs After Dl

How do you run/install software progs after completing the download?

thanx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Read the help us help you link in my sig, it for games but same applies.

Welcome to the bored, there are many ways that stuff is shared so it hard to say without more information.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Usually just by double left clicking on them, then following the on-screen instructions.
    But the program may be compressed in a zip,rar,tar file. If so you need a program to un-compress the program file. I suggest winrar.
    Available here-->http://www.rarlab.com/
    A free trial is available for download.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    They're in .exe ----- tried dl thaprogram but it didnt work w/ the progs I have (ms works etc things like that )

I thought just running the exe files would work but nothign happens!

thanks guys!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    They may well be iso's or bins, with the added exe extention, so that it is easier to find in a software search.
    Go to the other link in toddiscool's sig, for help with them.

If you don't know how to change the extension this may help,

Go to the folder you have your file,
    then click on Tools at the top, go down to Folder Options, then click on View tab,
    scroll down and uncheck the box that says "hide file extensions for known file types",
    click OK, go back to your iso file, right click, rename, then delete the extension .exe replace with .iso.
    Now it should show up.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lol, i dont even have a 'folder options' under tools! ahhh! isnt there an easier way to run these progs ,or you need to do this for every one.

Actually, all I need is MS works and calendar - if anyone can direct me to where I can dl these, then I will just give up on getting them here lol

thanxx

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    You could always download openoffice which is a free alternative to ms works.
    http://www.openoffice.org/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    if they are bin or iso u can mount them w/ daemon tool. but if they are exe and when u click them and nothing happen, its probably a fake. y dotn u give us the file name, mayb that will help us help u

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by missdiva@13 September 2003 - 22:58
    lol, i dont even have a 'folder options' under tools! ahhh! isnt there an easier way to run these progs ,or you need to do this for every one.

What version of Windows are u running. I belive that those instructions are for XP/2000 only. I have not used a 9.x or ME system in a long time though so it may still be the same. Basically what we want to know is the exact filename.

Ex. ms_office.bin.exe - or just tell us the size, we will be able to give ya an educated guess based on that.

Edit: Please do not spam post (post the same question twice) we will answer you and it makes it much easier to figure it out with everybody one thread, then a group on each thread.

Second post also dated today
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=66703