Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things thumbs are useful for...

The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Another use of thumbs to add to your list CrapGirl:

To taste cake or other delicacies during the process of their production or shortly thereafter.

Also known as 'signing' desserts.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    BTW I can relate as well (same disaster as Skee was talking about above) my ankle was badly attacked by the pavement after a large car pushed me to the side and made me fly a good few meters from my bike as a consequence.

Aside from the fact that it hurt like Hell, it still does all these months later (it happened in September, or October). I still wake up in the middle of the night with pains in it, can't sleep in the fetal position comfortably, and after a lot of exercise it hurts badly.

Crutches were also a real pain - especially for my hands. Talk about wrists opening.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I ate half my meals on one foot while standing in the kitchen b/c I couldn't carry a plate while using crutches.
    I was like that a few months ago, when I injured my leg in a motorbike crash. Everyone had gone out and left me home alone on a Friday night. It still didn't stop me having a drink, but carrying drinks in from the kitchen was a struggle. I decided to carry my drinks into the living room, while using one crutch. It was ok for the first few, but when I was half pissed, I pulled a muscle in my crutch arm. I was half way to my seat at the time and had to stand there for half an hour til the pain had died down enough for me get the rest of the way. Luckily I had a drink in my hand to pass the time.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yup. You never appreciate your health until you're injured or sick.

I remember when my ankle was really messed up I was helpless. Simple things like getting into the shower become obstacles when you've only one foot. Another thing I found that was difficult was eating. I ate half my meals on one foot while standing in the kitchen b/c I couldn't carry a plate while using crutches.

I feel for you...

How long do you have to wear the splint?
    For meals I was okay when I had my broken leg.
    Just hop on one foot to carry them.

Drinks was the real problem. Had to always get someone to carry my drinks for me, or to just fill up a cup a really small amount then hop it.
    I used to get my mom to carry me an extra drink at night incase I needed one during the night.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by callum View Post
    I ate half my meals on one foot while standing in the kitchen b/c I couldn't carry a plate while using crutches.
    I was like that a few months ago, when I injured my leg in a motorbike crash. Everyone had gone out and left me home alone on a Friday night. It still didn't stop me having a drink, but carrying drinks in from the kitchen was a struggle. I decided to carry my drinks into the living room, while using one crutch. It was ok for the first few, but when I was half pissed, I pulled a muscle in my crutch arm. I was half way to my seat at the time and had to stand there for half an hour til the pain had died down enough for me get the rest of the way. Luckily I had a drink in my hand to pass the time.

Yeah, the drink thing was never a problem though. I'd just stick 2 brews in my pockets and gimp it back to the couch.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #16
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Thumbs are also useful for the following:

Hitchhiking
    Reviewing movies
    Buttoning things
    Thumb wrestling
    Shoe tying
    Using a pen or pencil
    Texting
    Masturbation (male)
    Rolling a doobie
    Getting funky (slap bass)
    Thumbing your nose at someone
    The OK sign

Peace, brotherdoobie
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 01-25-2009 at 07:53 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    picking the guitar.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Couldn't you just use your index finger to select one?

yo

9. Lounge   -   #19
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    holding a trumpet
    washing up
    washing my hair.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Kepping the other one inline.
    Now go away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast