Thread: Buying Online Minefield

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    BTW glad to see forums up and running again if its been up for ages sorry I've been away working Just thought I'd share a few thoughts on online buying, after not buying anything online for 2 years I decided against my better judgement to buy some Ram, The ram I bought even though reccomended by the motherboard manufacturer and by www.crucial.com did'nt work, my pc just froze at the checking nvram stage at boot up after a lot of explaining to www.dabs.com they agreed to take it back, well I think they have anyway they said they were gonna send me returns authorisation number, well they did two week ago which was the last time I heard from them and none of my emails have been answered
    Episode 2

I ordered a camcorder from www.comet.co.uk in the same weekend as the ram then went away to work for ten days,when I got home still no camcorder but I did get a phone call from a women in Nottingham who says that she was sent my agreement to sign by mistake which happens to have my name address and bank details on it so now even though the womens been honest and let me know I still need to sort things out to save the paranoia of knowing that some total stranger has enough details to go on a shopping spree with my money..
    Just thought I'd share my rage with ya, there's a lesson for us all here and every dat's a schoolday.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    welcome back

sorry but that was too long for a saturday night

here have a beer before you bounce over to hardwareworld

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    What pol said

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Just thought I'd get it off my chest