Thread: seedbox server load is high

Poster BT Rep: +1
    this is pissing me off cuz my seedbox is slow now. I only have 3 files open 1 is using transmission and the 2 others are using bittornado. I'm only maxing out at 4000kB/s when i'm on a dedicated box which is suppose to get 100 Mbps. This is what my server load looks like

15:27:40 up 12:39, 0 users, load average: 2.60, 2.68, 2.43
    USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT

total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 400 178 221 0 0 0
    Swap: 0 0 0

2.43? WTF? so damn high and I have plenty of memory free with only 3 torrents open. Can someone plz help?

*EDIT* Total 400, used 178, free 221,Shared is 0, buffers 0, cached 0 site isn't formatting what I copied and pasted right.
    Last edited by apollooff320; 02-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    hardware ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by andra View Post
    hardware ?
    I don't even know cuz the site doesn't list it. It's from Obtrix and I'm using the Torrent advanced version.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    If its a shared server i think you have the problem there.
    To many users killing the hardware and make the server to load to mutch

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    no this is a dedicated server.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    2.43 load is not high, period.

But judging by your other post from yesterday, why not contact the seller instead of coming here. Sounds more that the rig (if it is even dedicated) isn't what you paid for.

/edit: I've seen servers reach loads in excess of 20 and run fine so 2.43 load is not that high. Despite that, I find it hard to believe you a renting a dedicated box with just 400MB RAM.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 02-21-2009 at 04:57 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    2.43 load is not high, period.

But judging by your other post from yesterday, why not contact the seller instead of coming here. Sounds more that the rig (if it is even dedicated) isn't what you paid for.

/edit: I've seen servers reach loads in excess of 20 and run fine so 2.43 load is not that high. Despite that, I find it hard to believe you a renting a dedicated box with just 400MB RAM.
    I said where I got the box from if you didn't go to the site it's your fault for assuming I don't have a dedicated box smart ass. Also 2.43 is high cuz it slows everything down to a crawl. Takes almost 2 mins to load the fluxd page.
    Last edited by apollooff320; 02-21-2009 at 05:14 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    I said where I got the box from if you didn't go to the site it's your fault for assuming I don't have a dedicated box smart ass. Also 2.43 is high cuz it slows everything down to a crawl. Takes almost 2 mins to load the fluxd page.
    Well, excuse me, but either I missed the sellers name/site somewhere in your posts or we're misunderstanding each other but like I said (and I ain't assuming anything), a dedicated machine that was delivered to you with only 400MB RAM onboard, no FTP-rights (see your problem from yesterday) and a buggy flux-interface, sounds like you have to contact the seller instead of asking us.

How can we help you solving a serverload of 2-odd something while we don't even have access to the machine let alone work for the seller? And like I said, 2.43 isn't that high; I've seen Gbit-servers pushing out well over 100Megabytes per second and 4GB or RAM onboard which were constantly under a load between 10 and 20 but didn't break down or slow down.

All I'm trying to say here (and relieve you of any stress), is that the machine you rented is in my opinion not made for being a dedicated machine or very badly configured since you have no correct FTP-rights, just 35GB HDD space and no access to the admin-panel within flux for queueing and/or deleting torrents server-wide.

/edit: yes, it seems I missed the seller somewhere. You said you are renting @ Obtrix. Well, sir, I do know Obtrix and either the information they supplied to you or the information you read on their web-page is incorrect. The only DEDICATED torrent-machine can be found here and is called Dedicated Server. All other options are still shared servers or virtual hosts and can result to slow speeds, higher loads and so on.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 02-21-2009 at 05:33 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    Well, excuse me, but either I missed the sellers name/site somewhere in your posts or we're misunderstanding each other but like I said (and I ain't assuming anything), a dedicated machine that was delivered to you with only 400MB RAM onboard, no FTP-rights (see your problem from yesterday) and a buggy flux-interface, sounds like you have to contact the seller instead of asking us.

How can we help you solving a serverload of 2-odd something while we don't even have access to the machine let alone work for the seller? And like I said, 2.43 isn't that high; I've seen Gbit-servers pushing out well over 100Megabytes per second and 4GB or RAM onboard which were constantly under a load between 10 and 20 but didn't break down or slow down.

All I'm trying to say here (and relieve you of any stress), is that the machine you rented is in my opinion not made for being a dedicated machine or very badly configured since you have no correct FTP-rights, just 35GB HDD space and no access to the admin-panel within flux for queueing and/or deleting torrents server-wide.
    I have FTP rights. I was just trying to delete files from within the FTP client instead of flux; which I didn't know to use flux since i'm new to all of this. The point of my post was to get help for example advice on freeing Ram or how to prevent server from getting over loaded. The support from the site is very slow and about time they answer I already got my problem fixed from ppl here or google.