Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Ways To Speed Bittorrent Up?

Poster
    I have a fast 1.5 Mbps ADSL connection. I get really good speeds on other applications like K-lite and IRC. They are mostly up near 150. But still never in double digits on BT

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by primo@14 September 2003 - 17:40
    I have a fast 1.5 Mbps ADSL connection. I get really good speeds on other applications like K-lite and IRC. They are mostly up near 150. But still never in double digits on BT
    yea i got the same connection, and only a couple times have i gotten over 100 on bittorrent. On irc i can usually max out my connection at about 145KB/s.. if its available on both bittorrent and irc, id go with irc. also you never get 99% done just sitting there for days.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by primo@15 September 2003 - 00:40
    Then you sure have a problem with your configuration, but since I dont use a router myself im the wrong person to help you out here.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by mogadishu+14 September 2003 - 17:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mogadishu &#064; 14 September 2003 - 17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-primo@14 September 2003 - 17:40
    yea i got the same connection, and only a couple times have i gotten over 100 on bittorrent. On irc i can usually max out my connection at about 145KB/s.. if its available on both bittorrent and irc, id go with irc. also you never get 99% done just sitting there for days. [/b][/quote]
    They fixed that 99% bug in other bittorrent clients.
    I use Azureous right now.. it has a very nice Interface..with a status bar that shows the Peices status. Much better than the original bittorrent program, and also better than NovaTorrent.

Well.. ever since i configured my router.. I&#39;m getting 140kb/s easy on bittorrent.
    Only got DSL

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Fasttracker A
    First of all it really depends on how many seeds ,distributed copies and peers you are connected to to achieve great speeds.
    Obviously the more seeds the faster the download ,you can get a good sense of this for your self no need for me to give you an example.
    Next time you are downloading a file via bittorrent check the advanced tab on your client at look at how the bandwidth is being distributed compare that with the file information E.G. How many seed ,distributed copies and peers you are connected to.

Sure Irc can be fast but the thing is for new files you could potencially be waiting a very long time before you get a chance to download anything,espeacially if they&#39;re short on bots.
    If I were you guys I would stick to bittorrent get acustom to its use.
    There are lots of great places to learn and share the bittorrent way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    n18's Avatar Death God
    anime thats popular on torrent ( naruto ) i got speed like 100-200kb/s, 80kb/s on music from supernova, and 30kb/s on isos from nova sticking to anime till i find a better way or better tracker for games

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yea, if your router isnt configured.. you only get 1-2 seeds.
    I got like 17 seeds on SOF 2.
    noticed some stuff on Suprnova said it had 100-300 seeds.. damn that&#39;d download at 400kb/s+ on T1 or T3 probably

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Potentially it could hit those speeds.
    I just d/led &#39;Last Exile ep 23&#39; (Anime, about 35 seeders and 25 peers) and it hit the 500 mark. I&#39;ve gotten higher speeds on some occasions, but that&#39;s really rare. Usually I&#39;m between 100 and 200.

But it really depends on the amount of bandwidth the combined seeders/peers have available and of course your own setup as mentioned a few times here already.

If I&#39;m lucky I can get files on IRC faster, but that&#39;s presuming I don&#39;t have to queue and the server is fast enough.
    So I usually go for BT. Plus it&#39;s &#39;true&#39; filesharing... B)
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    muchspl2
    best speed I got was 700kb/s on the matrix 2 trailor 1300+ seeders 600 peers
    that&#39;s the max I ever got
    250kb/s is the normale download speed with out seeding or kazza open
    I got uncapped cable I hit 2mbit+ on dsl reports and 4300+ on 2wire

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    happens to me alot too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast