Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Ways To Speed Bittorrent Up?

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Currently I'm useing: Azureus

The problem with all the bittorrent programs is that It refuses to even download at 20kb/s without uploading at about that speed, but when i upload at 20kb/s I can barely download at 10kb/s.
    with 10kb/s upload, i can barely get 50kb/s sometimes.
    Normally I get 150-170kb/s download (off IE downloads) without any upload online.
    Is there a way i can like trick bittorrent into uploading at like 5kb/s or something and get 70kb/s? It would still be shareing after all...
    I hate it when i try to download something with 100s of seeds, but only 10kb/s.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Yup, shadow torrent good for that http://bt.degreez.net/

i set it to 4kb/s and get speeds up to 120kb/s but then after it finished i set it back to max and let others upload for a few hours

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hmm i think my firewall is slowing it down.
    Says i can route it through it tho, dunno how.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    I use the experimental BitTorrent.

I have no problem on good torrents getting high download speeds (40+ KB/sec) so long as I am uploading at least 10 KB/sec to at least 4 people.

For my point of view, I get faster download speeds uploading to MORE people at once than uploading at slightly faster speed.

In short:
    Better 15 KB/sec upload to 8 users than 20 KB/sec upload to 4 users.

I also use a bandwidth monitoring program (AnalogX NetStat Live) to see if I'm overrunning my connection.

BitTorrent seems to run best if started after a reboot and there's no/few other connections being made.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    k, i found out how to Port Foward on my router. Now it's allways on a green light.
    Downloading sof2 at 70kb/s.. sweetness, Finally! No more 5kb/s crap

edit: 140kb/s... WOW, dont even get that fast on kazaa, irc, and emule.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Hey wolfmight, how did u configure your Firewall? i really need some help... im still getting a max of about 5 kb... i really need some help

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Do you have a router? I didnt need to configure Zone Alarm Pro, i just configured my router.

This is for Linksys routers:

Close Bittorrent Applications first*

Goto "Port Fowarding" or "Fowarding", then for the program name use "Bittorrent". For the 2 port feilds use "6881" and "6889" (thus it allows ports 6881-6889). Now make sure TCP Protocal and UDP protocal are checked if they are there (if one of the other isnt there, let me know..). Now Make sure the check box on the very Right is checked to Enable this setting. Click Apply.

Now reopen your bittorrent download.. it will take a min or two, but eventually it will start downloading at 100kb/s or so. Make sure Upload is like set to 2kb-4kb/s , 4 people max upload.

(oh yea, when the download completes.. help the others out by maxing upload speed and user and let it stay on for an hour or so cause thats how u got yours so fast)

Make sure u get the Torrent from the latest Suprnova site http://phobal.ca/suprnova for fast download ability.

g/l

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@14 September 2003 - 16:20
    Do you have a router? I didnt need to configure Zone Alarm Pro, i just configured my router.

This is for Linksys routers:

Close Bittorrent Applications first*

Goto "Port Fowarding" or "Fowarding", then for the program name use "Bittorrent". For the 2 port feilds use "6881" and "6889" (thus it allows ports 6881-6889). Now make sure TCP Protocal and UDP protocal are checked if they are there (if one of the other isnt there, let me know..). Now Make sure the check box on the very Right is checked to Enable this setting. Click Apply.

Now reopen your bittorrent download.. it will take a min or two, but eventually it will start downloading at 100kb/s or so. Make sure Upload is like set to 2kb-4kb/s , 4 people max upload.

(oh yea, when the download completes.. help the others out by maxing upload speed and user and let it stay on for an hour or so cause thats how u got yours so fast)

Make sure u get the Torrent from the latest Suprnova site http://phobal.ca/suprnova for fast download ability.

g/l
    but this isnt guarnteed. a lot of torrents dont even have 100+ available bandwidth.. letalone 100KB for you.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    well i just did all that, but it still isnt that much faster. My router also had a field that said "Ip address" after the UDP and TCP protocol boxes. it still isnt THAT fast though. I even got one of the most popular torrents from Suprnova

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    What kind of connection have you got?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast