Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech is SELLING OUT

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
    TL is on the right way of getting busted.
    finally someone else has seen the writing on the wall too
    This is why I never signed up there. They are clearly the biggest target...

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post

I don't think that will happen though.

But OiNK was a disaster.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Aerozin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well, everyone have to eat. What if w**t wants to get money from his tracker? its his decision.. if you dont like , leave the tracker or just dont donate.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoned View Post

I don't think that will happen though.

But OiNK was a disaster.
    Now that oink matter is almost wrapped up, expect more strikes on torrent sites, imho.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

a site will most probably get targeted when they do something out of the ordinary for e.g leaking an album before its release . To say that members more in a torrent site = more chances of site getting busted is absolutely ludicrous . they catch sceners regularly and monitor the scene/p2p more than we can imagine . be a place of 500000 or 5 , if they do something out of the ordinary they will be targeted sooner or later with sufficient proof , be a normal site or a "uber-rar3z0r-c0mmuniti" torrent site .

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    It's not ludicrous whatsoever. You reason through it and figure out why the biggest sites are the ones to be threatened and forced to move, server raids, etc.

I think you overlook the fact that most scene pres are before the release, so it isn't out of the ordinary.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what is exactly your definition of "Biggest sites" ? Oink was in no way a HUGE site like a Mininova , Demonoid yet it got busted becos some of the uploaders were pre-releasing albums in their tracker apart from its decent collection which led to their doom . and What do you mean by "fact that most scene pres are before the release" ??
    Last edited by SaviouR; 01-29-2009 at 05:07 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by SaviouR View Post
    what is exactly your definition of "Biggest sites" ? Oink was in no way a HUGE site like a Mininova , Demonoid yet it got busted becos some of the uploaders were pre-releasing albums in their tracker apart from its decent collection which led to their doom . and What do you mean by "fact that most scene pres are before the release" ??
    uhm, or maybe because OiNK was easier to bust since he ran his servers from home? (or so i've heard).. while demonoid and most others are running it from hired servers, which means that they focus on putting pressure on the host to shut it down.. this is something we have seen many many times.. but the tracker owner moves before that happens, or has backups to start it up again from somewhere else. and false names on the subscriptions aren't that uncommon either.

thepiratebay was also busted, they ran the servers from their own ISP company. the day after it was running again thanks to backups.

SCC was forced to leave leaseweb after some organisation had put enough pressure on them. but they moved the site to a new host in time.

and so on...

what all the sites that have been busted/forced to move/shut down but started up again have in common is that they are rather large (accessed by a lot of members), and are probably making money. (ok, SCC isn't that large in comparison but still, and they are easy to gain access to)

now if anyone can contradict my theory that size and making money really matters, give some examples

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Oink was hosted in Holland on leaseweb and he gave his real name and address on the servers, hence why he got busted, aradi tracker was the same, leaseweb, brein asked for the details of the owners of the servers, and leaseweb give in.

Was pretty much that simple really.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Oink was hosted in Holland on leaseweb and he gave his real name and address on the servers, hence why he got busted, aradi tracker was the same, leaseweb, brein asked for the details of the owners of the servers, and leaseweb give in.

Was pretty much that simple really.
    hm ok.. that's not what i thought i remember from the news when they arrested him and walked out with bags of server hdd's from his house. but even if you're right, i still claim that my theory holds.. OiNK was large and was making money, so is the pirate bay.. i don't know anything about that aradi tracker though.. but i don't know of any smaller site that's going low on donations that has been busted, even though they have alot of pre-release movies, games etc on their site.
    Last edited by danio; 01-29-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast