Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TVT.ro admin a scammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    ^He wasn't talking to you

Yes, SQL databases hold all members passwords but they should be encrypted. Admins do not have the power to see other people's passwords...
    Should be but are they? :dunno:

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Torrenting>Sex BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by djharbuz View Post
    Hello ppl. I'm djharbuz from Tv.TORRENTs.ro
    It has come to my attention that my name was used over here (and on RP.com).

About 4-5 months I was told that someone used my nickname (actually DJ_harbuz ... or something like that) on RP.com and was trying to trade some accounts, or something. Back then I talked to CompleteGibberish and proved that I wasn't the one trying to scam ppl on his forum. The whole thing was cleared.

Now, can you please put me up to date and tell me what's this about? I read the above messages in a hurry (also those on RP.com) but didn't actually understand why are you throwing rocks at me and tv.torrents.ro.

I'll contact CompleteGibberish immediately.

By the way, the passwords are encrypted and we DON'T! give away personal data of any kind!
    A bunch of illiterate and chuckle headed ppl are throwing rocks at u,Don't give a fuck and move ahead!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoactive View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    ^He wasn't talking to you

Yes, SQL databases hold all members passwords but they should be encrypted. Admins do not have the power to see other people's passwords...
    Should be but are they? :dunno:
    Hehe yes, there's nothing you can do within SQL to see real passwords, at least not to my knowledge. If it really is him (which I doubt) the only possibility of getting user passwords is through a keylogger, possibly within spyware ads. Dunno if their site has any ads tho. Some ads can be real nasty and most people would never know
    Last edited by Ichigo81; 01-30-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Because my account @ RP got banned I wrote a message in the contact page but I didn't managed to enter the security code correctly a few times because I'm very pissed right now. lol
    If there's a staff member from RP around here, please reply in this topic.

I'll try to send a message to them (RP) in a few hours.

LE (reply to the message above): tvt.ro doesn't have ads or any kind of adware crap.
    Last edited by djharbuz; 01-30-2009 at 12:33 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Aliyans's Avatar Came, Saw &Conquered BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    i cant understand how he gets passwords which is encrypted in database..even if he is sysop he cant see password from admin CP by looking at users profile..unless he hacked his own user's accounts, the way hackers do

Weindians

SHARING IS CARING..

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Staff can change the password... So i guess they would/could do it that way...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djharbuz View Post
    Hello ppl. I'm djharbuz from Tv.TORRENTs.ro
    It has come to my attention that my name was used over here (and on RP.com).

About 4-5 months I was told that someone used my nickname (actually DJ_harbuz ... or something like that) on RP.com and was trying to trade some accounts, or something. Back then I talked to CompleteGibberish and proved that I wasn't the one trying to scam ppl on his forum. The whole thing was cleared.

Now, can you please put me up to date and tell me what's this about? I read the above messages in a hurry (also those on RP.com) but didn't actually understand why are you throwing rocks at me and tv.torrents.ro.

I'll contact CompleteGibberish immediately.

By the way, the passwords are encrypted and we DON'T! give away personal data of any kind!
    A bunch of illiterate and chuckle headed ppl are throwing rocks at u,Don't give a fuck and move ahead!
    I agree about rocks being thrown. The admin posting on RP forum has a tendency to jump the gun about a lot of things.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    I'm sorry, but aren't database passwords encrypted? I'm sure he can see the usernames and email, but not password. You tell me.
    not encrypted, hashed.

to borrow from an old thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    Standard TB source will always hash the password using secrets as the salt, so the default storage of passwords is MD5 (excepting the very early TB source snapshots which used plaintext, but they are way past their sell by dates, and should not be used).
    Last edited by lysine; 01-30-2009 at 01:50 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    By the way, TvT.ro was down the last 3 weeks because we changed the server and fixed some bugs. Regarding this news, this whole story seems kind of funny to me.

The server was OFFLINE for 3 weeks and it's up now.

Ah, I forgot to reply a message from this topic.
    TVT.ro was fighting with bitmetv for the best tv tracker
    No, TvT.ro isn't "fighting" anyone. We aren't trying to be the best tv tracker but we sure want to be one of the best.
    We respect bitmetv for what they achieved so far and wish them only the best from now on.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Its a hard job to decrypt passwords from a sql database but it is possible

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast