Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why "Jew"?

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Killing for peace is like fucking for chastity

It's always been one of my favourites
    Which one?

Maybe 'Jew' was the only word he/she could spell.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    there you go :
    Survey in Seven European Countries: Anti-Semitic Attitudes Steady; 31% Blame Jews for Financial Crisis
    A new survey of seven countries across Europe shows millions continue to believe the classical anti-Semitic canards that have persistently pursued Jews through the centuries. The findings released by ADL reveal that nearly half of the Europeans surveyed believe Jews are not loyal to their country and more than one-third believe they have “too much power” in business and finance.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by torrentt View Post
    there you go :
    Survey in Seven European Countries: Anti-Semitic Attitudes Steady; 31% Blame Jews for Financial Crisis
    A new survey of seven countries across Europe shows millions continue to believe the classical anti-Semitic canards that have persistently pursued Jews through the centuries. The findings released by ADL reveal that nearly half of the Europeans surveyed believe Jews are not loyal to their country and more than one-third believe they have “too much power” in business and finance.
    lol so would those 31% congratulate these jews when things are all going well?????

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The ADL, a Jewish-American organization polled 3500 adults - 500 each in Austria, France, Hungary, Poland, Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom
    By including certain countries, your going to get the results
    you want for your agenda.

At least 4 of those countries have had a pretty low opinion of jews for quite a long time. At least one of them is still quite an unpleasant place to live if your jewish, gay or a traveler etc despite their laws to the contrary.

I also notice the way the piece was written eg:

Nearly half of the respondents in each of the countries said that Jews were more loyal to Israel than to their home country. Twenty-three percent said that their opinion of Jews was influenced by Israel's military and political activities.

Another 44 percent of respondents said it was "probably true" that Jews reference the Holocaust too much, while 23% said that they still blame Jews for the death of Jesus.
    That implies that these stats are common from each country, whereas only the 1st statistic is.. and what % is "nearly half".. why not give the figures?

To get a baseline, have they asked the same people whether they believe Catholics are more loyal to the Vatican or their home country? I notice some quite religious Catholic Countries in that list afterall. I think most "Religious" people (of whatever nationality) put their religious beliefs before their country so what was the actual question asked and in what context?

It also doesnt say whereabouts in each country they asked the questions, or how they chose the respondants... and this will make a huge difference, especially in a statistically irrelevant number such as 500 out of 60,000,000. Was it a random section of society or was it the 1st 500 in a particular area?

They would get wholley different results asking the same questions in Bradford than they would in Gateshead, as an example.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    rat don't try to make excuses. ignoring something like this happened in history
    Last edited by torrentt; 02-13-2009 at 12:44 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I could then play devils advocate and point to Palestine and say the same thing.

I'm not saying that there are not problems or that there are not some racist countries.

Nor am I saying that even countries that are not racist per se havent got racist elements. I was shocked to see that the BNP came a close third in my own Ward in the recent local elections... and this isn't known as a racist area, far from it. It was however a very low turnout as the result was a two horse race.. which Labour lost to the Lib Dems.

However when you look into the details of that particular survey... it's crap.

They polled to get the worst possible results (or would never have included Austria) and then spun the results to make it look even worse.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 02-15-2009 at 12:21 AM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123