Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: Free IPv6 News Servers

eweka stopped for me a while ago but was using xsnews but that just stopped working for me too too much of a good thing and for free as well so can't complain. Thanks for the guide anyhows ah well back to virgin's 7 day retention unless anyone has come up with any more freebies???

2. Newsgroups   -   #102
    slopgop
    I'm unable to access news.ipv6.eweka.nl but I can ping it

3. Newsgroups   -   #103
    if your on the go6/freenet6 tunnels it appears they had/still have a few IPv6 routing problems, but newszilla6.xs4all.nl:119 is working again today.

news.ipv6.eweka.nl:119: 0
    reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl:119: 0
    are still down though....

e94mli, Go6 Enthusiast and go6 servers tech guy said "It is not you. Xsnews is having some problems with the IPv6 service."
    but no word on why eweka isnt working again, if it ever will.

yesturday you couldnt reach www.kame.net over V6 IPs, but you can today, at least logged in on the amsterdam.freenet6.net connection so somethings being worked on somewere it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by redbeezley View Post
    eweka stopped for me a while ago but was using xsnews but that just stopped working for me too too much of a good thing and for free as well so can't complain. Thanks for the guide anyhows

ah well back to virgin's 7 day retention unless anyone has come up with any more freebies???
    why go back, why not also include that IPv4 connection in your bonding SABnzbd+ 0.4.11 news app, it works fine for me.

currently i have both the newszilla6.xs4all.nl:119 and the news.virginmedia.com:119 set for first try, and the other IPv6 set as fallover/Backup server:.

if your on VM, setting news.virginmedia.com:119 with 5 connections seems to max out my connection mostly before STM kicks in OC, but their news groups and 7 day max retention with lots of cancelation requests are a slight problem.

id still like to see a web based or rss feed of what TV,film,and APPs going into all the popular news.virginmedia.com binry groups so as to then auto-select the newest nzb's if they show up there first before getting outbound peered with the other news servers later.

that way VM end user people and others might start to think about automating their own smaller selections for private end user to end users peering and sharing their content longer term way past the 7 days.
    Last edited by pip99; 07-10-2009 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Newsgroups   -   #104
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    im getting 'Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.' when trying to Create Regular Tunnel, i dont get it.

Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #105
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Don't know I didn't use Tunnelbroker in the my guide, I used Go6
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #106
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    doesnt work
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 07-15-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

7. Newsgroups   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    im getting 'Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.'
    tunnelbroker need to be able to ping your box. check your firewall/router.

8. Newsgroups   -   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    im getting 'Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked.' when trying to Create Regular Tunnel, i dont get it.
    at a guess, id say your tunnelbroker.net is down or currently playing up at their end...

im on go6, and if i go to your url above i get redirected to

http://tunnelbroker.net/error.php?e=2
    "
    Error!
    Unauthorized access.
    Either your username or your password is invalid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please Register if you do not have an account. If the system can not re-issue you a password please re-register, you can reclaim your old tunnel if you have your last IPv4 endpoint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you lost/forgotten your password.
    Please make sure Javascript is enabled. "

however my ipv6 is working fine as i get a dancing turtle at http://www.kame.net/

a valid ipv6 returned at the top of the http://forum.go6.net/ site and all the webpages i force through the sixxs.org by adding .sixxs.org to any DNS reachable web page to force it through their on the fly ipv6 usable cache works fine right now.

for instance this very page forced through it works fine if your ipv6 tunnel is working ok, notice the extra part of the URL on a base url section after the .com to force it through there. it a good way to instantly know if your ipv6 tunnels working at the time.

https://filesharingtalk.com.ipv6.sixx...11#post3254114

if your tunnelbroker.net doesnt come back soon try installing a basic windows with ipv6 installed in a vitualbox, then make several copys for each tunnel operator you want to try...

i dont have a tunnelbroker.net account or virtuallbox image set up right now, so cant confirm it's down for you, but right now, the go6 tunnel and newszilla6.xs4all.nl:119: 4 green/green are working fine upto a Download speed: 606.61 KB/s currently on a 10Mbit/s UK VM connection if that helps you rule out these as part of your current problem!

were as news.ipv6.eweka.nl:119: 0
    reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl:119: 0
    have not worked for me on go6 in over 17 days now.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    i assume they broke something when they updated their
    http://www.tunnelbroker.net/forums/i...hp?topic=514.0 today?
    "broquea
    Administrator

UPDATE - July 16th, 2009
    « on: July 16, 2009, 04:26:05 pm »

Hello!

We've added a new feature on the Regular Tunnel creation page. It will now automatically recommend the closest POP near the computer's IP you are browsing from. You can override the recommendation by simply clicking the "Override" button.

Some notes regarding this:
    - If you are connected via a VPN to another location, it will determine based on that remote location's connection.
    - If you use a proxy service, it will determine based on the proxy's connection.
    - If you are trying to configure for a colocated/vps/dedicated server, simply click the "Override" button after it makes the recommendation and ping/trace to the listed IPs from your remote host.

Again, any problems or issues, please direct all replies to [email protected] "
    Last edited by pip99; 07-17-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Newsgroups   -   #109
    Thank you pip99 for that info it helped me a lot,Thank you indeed.

10. Newsgroups   -   #110
    it seems news.ipv6.eweka.nl:119: 4 started working again last night with go6 tunnels, its a little slow right now though....250Kbit/s is the best speed i can get at the moment.

i just realised if your new to this and didnt come across the https://www.sixxs.net/misc/coolstuff/#ipv6gate pages your going to need a user/password issued to you for reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl:119 , its working for me again on go6.

goto:
    http://www.xsnews.com/ipv6/ and enter your valid email address in the deze pagina linked page, collect the email they send, then enter its info into your SAB+ reader.ipv6.xsnews.nl:119 4 user/password server bit.
    Last edited by pip99; 07-21-2009 at 04:31 AM.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast