Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Free IPv6 News Servers

ateam201
    what are your speeds you guys getting on eweka

mine seems to be at 300 to 350

let me know i am using the go6 and grab it

seems to be the easiet way to get it up and running.. its still working

2. Newsgroups   -   #92
    Thanks for the great guide SonsOfLiberty!

Worked perfectly. Speeds are naturally a little unstable (15-250kbs) and I seem to get alot of incomplete files when the post is older than 50 day.

But I wont complain about anything thats free

3. Newsgroups   -   #93
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yeah it only has a 100 day retention, but as long as the PARS are not incomplete and you have enuff of the file at least it can be repaired.

Also in this thread there a trick to use Newsleecher too if anyone prefers that over SABnzb and you can also do that trick for any newsreader too I think.
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #94
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    you can also do that trick for any newsreader too I think.
    Yes i'm using with alt.binz

5. Newsgroups   -   #95
    Do any of these servers support SSL? does anyone know?

6. Newsgroups   -   #96
    i dont know if its just me but for the last few days at night around 12 am, news.ipv6.eweka.nl aways seems to stop allowing connections after a few seconds of starting SAB+, even though its pingable and up, news.ipv6.eweka.nl being the one that seems to retains more for longer as i got a few 170ish days old files last month on that.

also it seems newszilla6.xs4all.nl doesnt seem to have several files from only 34 days ago (bones-s1e1 etc)odd not having a month old set of files id thought.....

for me ateam201, i can get a solid 500Kbit/s - 570Kbit/s on 3 or 4 threads when it works, and i dont take to much upload bandwidth in other things (no more than 5Kbit/s uploading in torrents to get the missing usenet files for instance) while im downloading from IPv6 go6/freenet6 tunnel usenet on a 512k upload and 10Mbit download connection.

it seems almost as if Go6 give you a ballanced download close to the same as your upload limit,symmetrical i think they call it ?

anyone else noticed that? its odd that you or at least i cant download a lot faster if its not setting up a symmetrical connection based on your fastest upload rate from your ISP....

do we have any more usable servers coming online and made available ?, be it IPv6 or even free IPv4 with the usual several months binary retention and a list of dayily files they contain ?

or has anyone or group of users with several faster upload connections or co-location sites to share, seen fit to run their own small darknet binary news servers x264,divx,mp4,tv,dvd rather than mega big BR, we could share here and get involved, with instructions to follow for newbs news server setup ?

it seems SAB+ could take several or even many slower users servers and combine them all togeher to make a fast community usenet like the old days BUT far BETTER if we end users can find an easy way to setup and share.
    Last edited by pip99; 06-24-2009 at 12:56 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #97
    As for teh eweka connection, maybe that's when they do there maintenance?

I've not heard of any IPv6 or more free IPv4 ones yet, most people like to keep those servers to there selves, I don't know why, I guess because those free servers would get full really quickly. I took a bit to find what's in this thread.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #98
    for over a day now both servers have stopped working.....for me at least.

while newszilla6.xs4all.nl is not even pingable here,i assume its HW's been taken down and/or offline ?

news.ipv6.eweka.nl as almost always, is still pingable, BUT apparently not running the news ipv6 server SW anymore as even telnetting to port 119 doesnt seem to return anything there for over 24 hours, logs seem to indicate no data flowing just after 5am tuesday morning.

anyone else seeing this form the UK Virginmedia connections at least ?

this old Usenet story they ruled on today also bothers me, it just seems wrong, what happened to "mere conduit" defence ?

http://torrentfreak.com/the-riaa-attacks-usenet-071016/
    The RIAA Attacks Usenet
    Written by enigmax on October 16, 2007

and '"Well, Usenet.com have lost.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07...a_usenet_case/
    RIAA claims victory in Usenet.com copyright case

'Direct, contributory, vicarious infringement'

By Kelly Fiveash • Get more from this author

Posted in Music and Media, 1st July 2009 11:48 GMT

"Quote:
    A US district judge has ruled in favour of the Recording Industry Ass. of America (RIAA) in the copyright case brought against Usenet.com that kicked off in autumn 2007.

“We’re pleased that the court recognised not just that Usenet.com directly infringed the record companies’ copyrights but also took action against the defendants for their egregious litigation misconduct,” said the RIAA in a short statement yesterday.

Judge Harold Baer of the Southern District of New York court dished out the ruling. He found Usenet.com guilty of “direct, contributory, and vicarious infringement”.

There's no word yet on what penalty the judge has hit Usenet.com "

Bad news for all Usenet users. Whether you use it to download legal files or otherwise, you could find your provider hit anyway."'

again, perhaps we NEED to setup some free smaller binary usenet peering somewere, or i at least cant continue using it as is, shame.
    Last edited by pip99; 07-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #99
    do i take it then that the lack of replys means it's still working fine for you ?

this is really strange if so, as iv changed the tunnnel from amsterdam to montreal and got a new IP, but the news servers are still not there or refusing connection etc.... so its not an IP blocking thing, and with no changes to my once working SAB+ and no new OS or software additions since it stoped working....to account for it at my end.

im loath to go back to torrents full time as their so slow compared to these free binary usenet...
    Last edited by pip99; 07-04-2009 at 03:25 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #100
    Don't know, don't use it anymore.. I said in the very beginning of the tutorial that these could stop working anytime, the IPv6 were just for testing.

Go back to torrents?

Try a free trial from Binverse or Giganews and you won't ever go back. If you decide you do want to pay (you will get your full bandwidth maxed when downloading, plus you don't have to seed)go with Astraweb it's $11 a month, or get a cheap block account at Astraweb which never expires.
    [center]

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast