Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Free IPv6 News Servers

Thanks for the registration info!

2. Newsgroups   -   #112
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    Yo guys im new to this forum and to newsgroups and i would like to say thanks for all the useful information in this thread

I do need some help though, my go6 tunnel only establishes a connection when I have my ESET Smart Security firewall disabled. I was wondering if you all are aware of some general firewall settings that would allow me to have both the tunnel and the client up at the same time?

any help would be sincerely appreciated

3. Newsgroups   -   #113
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    Yo guys im new to this forum and to newsgroups and i would like to say thanks for all the useful information in this thread

I do need some help though, my go6 tunnel only establishes a connection when I have my ESET Smart Security firewall disabled. I was wondering if you all are aware of some general firewall settings that would allow me to have both the tunnel and the client up at the same time?

if the gateway6 tunnel GUI generic "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel" setting isnt working for you on the primary PC connected to your ISP WAN BB from the outset due to your current firewall settings
    (you did authorise the client app through the firewall and remember to also install the windows xp IPv6 dual stack ? ,“Open a cmd.exe window –> Type: “netsh interface ipv6 install” and press enter” )
    the very next thing to try is to go into
    gateway6/advanced/tunnel Mode and change it from the generic
    "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel" to the 3rd option
    "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel NAT Traversal"

that will probably get passed your current firewall settings , but you really need to read up and work out what you need to change in ESET Smart Security firewall as NT isnt as versatile as the first option....

at each changed step pressing "disconnect" then "reconnect" and waiting the the popup to return true or false , open a cmd shell and type ping6 newszilla6.xs4all.nl or any other IPv6 URL should be enough to tell you if the tunnels started working for you.
    Last edited by pip99; 07-25-2009 at 01:15 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #114
    Quote Originally Posted by pip99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post

if the gateway6 tunnel GUI generic "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel" setting isnt working for you on the primary PC connected to your ISP WAN BB from the outset due to your current firewall settings
    (you did authorise the client app through the firewall and remember to also install the windows xp IPv6 dual stack ? ,“Open a cmd.exe window –> Type: “netsh interface ipv6 install” and press enter” )
    the very next thing to try is to go into
    gateway6/advanced/tunnel Mode and change it from the generic
    "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel" to the 3rd option
    "IPv6-in-IPv4 Tunnel NAT Traversal"

that will probably get passed your current firewall settings , but you really need to read up and work out what you need to change in ESET Smart Security firewall as NT isnt as versatile as the first option....

at each changed step pressing "disconnect" then "reconnect" and waiting the the popup to return true or false , open a cmd shell and type ping6 newszilla6.xs4all.nl or any other IPv6 URL should be enough to tell you if the tunnels started working for you.
    Oh sorry I forgot to mention a couple things . . . im actually trying to do this on a pc that is behind a wireless router. The primary internet connection is to a cable modem via ethernet. Also both computers are on vista, and thus have ipv6 already installed. I'm assuming the steps you mentioned above are for xp?

The NAT transversal option, and actually all of the other options, have not been able to get past my firewall. Another thing that concerns me is that I dont get a flapping turtle on kame.net, although sites like go6.net say that i have ipv6 and I am able to download from ipv6 servers (given that my firewall is down).

I have tried authorizing remote port 3653 UDP and TCP traffic, and some other firewall exceptions, but nothing seems to work.

5. Newsgroups   -   #115
    working:
    sab>vista>tunnel>wireless-router>cableBB>IPv6NewsServer

not working:
    sab>vista>tunnel>firewall>wireless-router>cableBB>IPv6NewsServer

so clearly its not the wireless router or any internal firewall it might also have set with a problem...

that only leaves your PCs software firewall, theres just something clearly wrong there so thats were you need to concentrate your efforts it seems.

off the cuff thought, does this ESET firewall filter OFF the IPv6 traffic by default or something?, do a google search, i dont have time right now to do it, and see if others have problems with ESET firewall and ipv6 data packets.

perhaps you can totally uninstall it temp (sometime they leave things around, and still attached to the network stack if you just disable them), and put another make of SW firewall on there to see if that then works for you, if so you have to find the right settings for this ESET firewall or just not use it anymore until its fixed or you find the right settings.

"I dont get a flapping turtle on kame.net, although sites like go6.net say that i have ipv6 "

thats odd but iv no clue why it might be right now, you know its working when you take the broken software firewall out of the chain, so id assume turtle is just playing up for now.
    Last edited by pip99; 07-26-2009 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Newsgroups   -   #116
    Quote Originally Posted by pip99 View Post
    working:
    sab>vista>tunnel>wireless-router>cableBB>IPv6NewsServer

not working:
    sab>vista>tunnel>firewall>wireless-router>cableBB>IPv6NewsServer

so clearly its not the wireless router or any internal firewall it might also have set with a problem...

that only leaves your PCs software firewall, theres just something clearly wrong there so thats were you need to concentrate your efforts it seems.

off the cuff thought, does this ESET firewall filter OFF the IPv6 traffic by default or something?, do a google search, i dont have time right now to do it, and see if others have problems with ESET firewall and ipv6 data packets.

perhaps you can totally uninstall it temp (sometime they leave things around, and still attached to the network stack if you just disable them), and put another make of SW firewall on there to see if that then works for you, if so you have to find the right settings for this ESET firewall or just not use it anymore until its fixed or you find the right settings.

"I dont get a flapping turtle on kame.net, although sites like go6.net say that i have ipv6 "

thats odd but iv no clue why it might be right now, you know its working when you take the broken software firewall out of the chain, so id assume turtle is just playing up for now.
    well it turns out you were right I did a little research and turns out that lot of people are having issues in certain areas of the ESET's latest firewall. I installed the whole shabang on an xp computer that has the older version of ESET Smart security and everything works fine. Too bad the dl speed is really bad on it. Guess I'l have either revert to the older version or wait for a fix to come out.

7. Newsgroups   -   #117
    that working thx

1.where can i find more servers?(if there way)
    2. why i need to change port everytime when i open again the program?
    3. When the file start to download after x min it stopped download :S why?
    Last edited by humble22; 07-28-2009 at 12:19 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #118
    not sure about other servers but you only need to change the program to an open port on your pc, assuming yout talking aboud SABnzbd+. For example, if port 8080 is not available than u can change it to 8081 0r 8082 and so forth.

Also I'm thinking that you probably are restarting the SABnzbd+ instead of opening it in your web browser. You need to bookmark http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/ and open it if you close the original web page that opened once you started SABnzbd+. Once you open SABnzbd+ it will run in the background and you can only terminate it by pressing shutdown in the home tab or through task manager. So if you keep opening the SABnzbd+ program it will search for a new port because there is an already existing SABnzbd+ process that is using your specified port.

The downloads stop if only if you get disconnected from the servers so its either something with the servers or the go6 tunnel. It could also be your connection if you have wireless.

Hope this helps . . .

question of my own . . . how would you monitor the bandwidth that is used by the ipv6 tunnel?
    Last edited by beansis; 07-28-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Newsgroups   -   #119
    yeappa
    @SonsOfLiberty

THX, im using Go6 & altbinz flawlessly

10. Newsgroups   -   #120
    Is it working for anyone anymore?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast