Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Free IPv6 News Servers

The Gateway6 Client works perfectly... but I've yet to get any newsreader (client) to work properly... including those that are known to be IPv6 compatible.
    Last edited by Wwwildthing; 04-23-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Newsgroups   -   #72
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Well Newsleecher and others won't until you do this:

1.cmd>netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119
    2.server address- localhost

If you can load SABnzbd via Opera you should be fine.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #73
    SABnzbd loads from Opera just fine. I gave it the same paramaters as the Gateway6 Client and an nzb to process... it attempts to connect, but just times out.

So then I loaded the Gateway6 Client and let it connect, then ran SABnzbd again... gave it the same nzb and it attempts to connect... but as before, it just times out.

4. Newsgroups   -   #74
    Are you doing it just like in the guides at the front of this page?
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Are you doing it just like in the guides at the front of this page?
    Vista comes with IPv6 enabled, Opera confirms it. If I load SABnzbd and a nzb it should go like a bandit. It's not connecting.

So I load the Gateway6 Client, it connects. Then I load SABnzbd and a nzb, and it still fails to connect.

SABnzbd is using the same login data as the Gateway6 Client.

Now walk me forward from that.
    Last edited by Wwwildthing; 04-26-2009 at 11:00 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #76
    Is the "tunnel adapter" and your internet adapter shared? They have to be or nothing will connect. I think it has something to do the way sabnzb is configured...can you try another client too? The Gateway client will need to run and you can do this trick with newsleecher (I'm just trying to figure it out, if NL will work then it's SABnzbd config, if not, we will go from there.)1.cmd>netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=news.ipv6.eweka.nl connectport=119
    2.server address- localhost

Also, you might restart from the beginning, just re-do everything and makes sure everything is setup right. There's something somewhere, I'm trying, but I can't think of anything...besides above.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-27-2009 at 01:22 AM.
    [center]

7. Newsgroups   -   #77
    The computer is connected directly to the cable modem via lan port.

Under 'Network Connections' it shows the gateway tunnel (when enabled) on Local Area Connection 4 with a red x. When I click 'diagnose', it prompts me to plug a cable into the network adapter. The 'properties' tab shows the 'adapter' to be working correctly. The display screen of the gateway client shows an active connection.

-------

cmd > netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=authenticated.freenet6.net connectport=119
    response - the requested operation requires elevation
    Last edited by Wwwildthing; 04-27-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Newsgroups   -   #78
    elevation means run as "admin"

You internet adapter need to be shared with the tunnel adapter.

So it shows it like this?
    These are XP! screenshots and walkthrough, Vista and Windows 7 are similar in their settings, I DO NOT know how to connect when IPv6 is already installed, I just know the go6 client (it installs IPv6 support and the tunneling software, so I assume, you would use the cmd prompts to facilitate "news reader clients" to work and Opera as well.

if so, Right click on you internet connection, click Advanced: and you should see this:

Tick, Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection. And Then select the Hexago Virtual Tunnel connection.

(leave unticked 'allow other network users to control or disable the share internet connetion'.)

Reboot, and then start go6 and all should be good.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-27-2009 at 02:27 AM.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #79
    I'll revisit this when the news clients get their act together.

10. Newsgroups   -   #80
    You missing the whole point, you NEED/HAVE to share you internet connection with the gateway client, after that "those new clients" will work.
    [center]

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast